Michael Vorm explains decision to be back-up keeper at Spurs [De Telegraaf]
There have been many question marks surrounding the transfer of Michael Vorm from Swansea to Tottenham.
After all, Vorm has impressed in the Premier League as first choice Swansea goalkeeper and looks set to play second fiddle to Hugo Lloris at White Hart Lane.
The Dutch custodian said: “Every top club now has two top keepers under contract, it fits in with the policy of a great club to have a wide selection of competition for all positions.”
De Telegraaf add that Vorm underwent his medical on Tuesday evening and will officially be announced as a Tottenham player on Wednesday, alongside Ben Davies.
The Dutch newspaper also suggest that Vorm will be used in cup competitions, such as the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Europa League.
Whilst also pointing out that Vorm was expected to struggle in English football and the goalkeeper should be credited with joining a great club, even if it is to sit on the bench.
Watch Live Stream
- Swansea confirm record £15.5m signing from Atletico Madrid; Borja Baston interviewed (Video)August 11, 2016
- Swansea post legendary Ashley Williams tribute video following move to Everton (Video)August 10, 2016
- Updates on Ashley Williams’ move from Swansea to Everton [Express]August 9, 2016
- West Ham spent a club record transfer fee to sign Andre Ayew from SwanseaAugust 8, 2016
- Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha posts cryptic message on Instagram amid Spurs interestAugust 30, 2016
- James to Chelsea & Isco to Spurs still possible [Marca]August 30, 2016
- The Times think Tottenham will sign two players before the window closesAugust 30, 2016
- EA Sports reveal FIFA 17 ratings after getting James, Rashford and co. to rate themselves (Video)August 29, 2016