Michael Vorm explains decision to be back-up keeper at Spurs [De Telegraaf]
- July 23, 2014
There have been many question marks surrounding the transfer of Michael Vorm from Swansea to Tottenham.
After all, Vorm has impressed in the Premier League as first choice Swansea goalkeeper and looks set to play second fiddle to Hugo Lloris at White Hart Lane.
The Dutch custodian said: “Every top club now has two top keepers under contract, it fits in with the policy of a great club to have a wide selection of competition for all positions.”
De Telegraaf add that Vorm underwent his medical on Tuesday evening and will officially be announced as a Tottenham player on Wednesday, alongside Ben Davies.
The Dutch newspaper also suggest that Vorm will be used in cup competitions, such as the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Europa League.
Whilst also pointing out that Vorm was expected to struggle in English football and the goalkeeper should be credited with joining a great club, even if it is to sit on the bench.
- Swansea sign Heerenveen keeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt, here’s his first interview [...
- Jimmy Carr does stand up at wedding of Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey [Video]
- GK coach Tony Roberts confirms his switch from Arsenal to Swansea on Twitter
- Pablo Zabaleta tweets Man City fan after making her cry by giving her his shirt [Vine]
- Joe Hart on his wonder save for Man City at Swansea [video]
- Swansea boss Garry Monk hits back at Arsene Wenger over negative football jibes [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi