Michael Vorm explains decision to be back-up keeper at Spurs [De Telegraaf]
There have been many question marks surrounding the transfer of Michael Vorm from Swansea to Tottenham.
After all, Vorm has impressed in the Premier League as first choice Swansea goalkeeper and looks set to play second fiddle to Hugo Lloris at White Hart Lane.
The Dutch custodian said: “Every top club now has two top keepers under contract, it fits in with the policy of a great club to have a wide selection of competition for all positions.”
De Telegraaf add that Vorm underwent his medical on Tuesday evening and will officially be announced as a Tottenham player on Wednesday, alongside Ben Davies.
The Dutch newspaper also suggest that Vorm will be used in cup competitions, such as the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Europa League.
Whilst also pointing out that Vorm was expected to struggle in English football and the goalkeeper should be credited with joining a great club, even if it is to sit on the bench.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal post video of Alex Iwobi’s incredible dribbling skills v Swansea (Video)October 18, 2016
- MOTD pundits not impressed with on fire Arsenal forward Theo Walcott [Tweets]October 16, 2016
- Famous Wenger critic DT asks if Arsenal are riding their luck (video)October 15, 2016
- Granit Xhaka celebrates Arsenal win over Swansea on Instagram, no mention of red cardOctober 15, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016