Michael Vorm explains decision to be back-up keeper at Spurs [De Telegraaf]
There have been many question marks surrounding the transfer of Michael Vorm from Swansea to Tottenham.
After all, Vorm has impressed in the Premier League as first choice Swansea goalkeeper and looks set to play second fiddle to Hugo Lloris at White Hart Lane.
The Dutch custodian said: “Every top club now has two top keepers under contract, it fits in with the policy of a great club to have a wide selection of competition for all positions.”
De Telegraaf add that Vorm underwent his medical on Tuesday evening and will officially be announced as a Tottenham player on Wednesday, alongside Ben Davies.
The Dutch newspaper also suggest that Vorm will be used in cup competitions, such as the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Europa League.
Whilst also pointing out that Vorm was expected to struggle in English football and the goalkeeper should be credited with joining a great club, even if it is to sit on the bench.
Watch Live Stream
- Swansea’s Bob Bradley discusses living through the Port Said tragedy (BBC Audio)November 29, 2016
- Swansea’s players troll Crystal Palace in their locker room [Instagram]November 26, 2016
- Twitter reacts to Swansea’s crazy 5-4 win over Crystal Palace [Tweets]November 26, 2016
- Dean Saunders spoke too soon during Swansea 5 – Crystal Palace 4 (Video)November 26, 2016
- Massive fitness boost for Tottenham Hotspur as Alderweireld pictured trainingDecember 2, 2016
- Eljero Elia warned Man United flop Memphis to use Spurs as ‘stepping stone’December 2, 2016
- Done deal: Harry Kane agrees a mega new Tottenham contract with record wages (Video)December 1, 2016
- Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez makes fun of Tottenham over last season’s collapse (Video)November 30, 2016