- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Michael Owen: Before joining Man United I tried to go back to Liverpool [video]
Liverpool’s in-house TV channel LFCTV are airing an open and frank interview with Michael Owen this week.
They released a trailer on the official Liverpool YouTube channel and it makes for interesting viewing.
After all, Michael Owen should have gone down as a Liverpool legend but tarnished his career on Merseyside by signing for Manchester United in the summer of 2009.
Owen admits he was an Everton fan as a kid and then describes the FA Cup final of 2001 as the “greatest day of my life.”
Around the 01:00 minute mark on the clip above, Owen describes his departure from Newcastle on a free transfer.
Owen called up Jamie Carragher to see if Rafa Benitez would bring him back to Anfield. The England striker was told “no” and three clubs were interested in signing him: Everton, Hull and Manchester United.
Its unlikely to gain Owen any more sympathy from Liverpool fans but its an interesting interview…
- Updated: August 13, 2014