Michael Owen: Before joining Man United I tried to go back to Liverpool [video]
- August 13, 2014
Liverpool’s in-house TV channel LFCTV are airing an open and frank interview with Michael Owen this week.
They released a trailer on the official Liverpool YouTube channel and it makes for interesting viewing.
After all, Michael Owen should have gone down as a Liverpool legend but tarnished his career on Merseyside by signing for Manchester United in the summer of 2009.
Owen admits he was an Everton fan as a kid and then describes the FA Cup final of 2001 as the “greatest day of my life.”
Around the 01:00 minute mark on the clip above, Owen describes his departure from Newcastle on a free transfer.
Owen called up Jamie Carragher to see if Rafa Benitez would bring him back to Anfield. The England striker was told “no” and three clubs were interested in signing him: Everton, Hull and Manchester United.
Its unlikely to gain Owen any more sympathy from Liverpool fans but its an interesting interview…
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard gave a half-time speech at LA Galaxy [video]
- Liverpool lead the race for Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko [L’Equipe]
- Man City may spend almost £100m on Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling & Kevin De Br...
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard unveiled at LA Galaxy during HT of Toronto rout [video]
- Internacional have sold Brazilian midfielder Allan to Liverpool for £500,000 [UOL Esporte]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi