Michael Owen: Before joining Man United I tried to go back to Liverpool [video]
Liverpool’s in-house TV channel LFCTV are airing an open and frank interview with Michael Owen this week.
They released a trailer on the official Liverpool YouTube channel and it makes for interesting viewing.
After all, Michael Owen should have gone down as a Liverpool legend but tarnished his career on Merseyside by signing for Manchester United in the summer of 2009.
Owen admits he was an Everton fan as a kid and then describes the FA Cup final of 2001 as the “greatest day of my life.”
Around the 01:00 minute mark on the clip above, Owen describes his departure from Newcastle on a free transfer.
Owen called up Jamie Carragher to see if Rafa Benitez would bring him back to Anfield. The England striker was told “no” and three clubs were interested in signing him: Everton, Hull and Manchester United.
Its unlikely to gain Owen any more sympathy from Liverpool fans but its an interesting interview…
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp admits that Simon Mignolet isn’t happy with his current situation (Video)October 24, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Phil Jones likes post trolling Jose Mourinho after Man United’s 4-0 defeat [Instagram]October 24, 2016
- Ryan Giggs slams Manchester United stars for swapping shirts after defeatOctober 24, 2016
- Gary Neville bemoans Man United’s midfield problem despite £200m investmentOctober 24, 2016
- Subdued Birthday wishes for Wayne Rooney after Manchester United’s 4-0 thrashing at ChelseaOctober 24, 2016
- Wayne Rooney has the final word v Michael Owen over supporting LiverpoolOctober 23, 2016
- Trolled: Man United’s Wayne Rooney calls out Liverpool old boy Michael Owen on TwitterOctober 22, 2016
- Paul Scholes is ‘certain’ that Wayne Rooney will come back for Man United’s biggest games (Video)September 30, 2016
- Michael Owen reveals he spent rest of his career trying to return to LiverpoolSeptember 5, 2016