Michael Owen: Before joining Man United I tried to go back to Liverpool [video]
Liverpool’s in-house TV channel LFCTV are airing an open and frank interview with Michael Owen this week.
They released a trailer on the official Liverpool YouTube channel and it makes for interesting viewing.
After all, Michael Owen should have gone down as a Liverpool legend but tarnished his career on Merseyside by signing for Manchester United in the summer of 2009.
Owen admits he was an Everton fan as a kid and then describes the FA Cup final of 2001 as the “greatest day of my life.”
Around the 01:00 minute mark on the clip above, Owen describes his departure from Newcastle on a free transfer.
Owen called up Jamie Carragher to see if Rafa Benitez would bring him back to Anfield. The England striker was told “no” and three clubs were interested in signing him: Everton, Hull and Manchester United.
Its unlikely to gain Owen any more sympathy from Liverpool fans but its an interesting interview…
Watch Live Stream
- Mario Balotelli set to leave Liverpool for Nice [Mirror]August 30, 2016
- Liverpool fans react to news that Mamadou Sakho is being forced out the club [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho told to find a new club before the window shuts [Mail]August 30, 2016
- Liverpool fans love Jamie Carragher’s comment on Daniel Sturridge Instagram postAugust 30, 2016
- The 10 most Tweeted about transfers in the summer window ft. Man United & ArsenalAugust 31, 2016
- Isco deal off as Spurs make move for Man United’s Morgan SchneiderlinAugust 31, 2016
- Eric Bailly’s awesome celebration for Man United winner at Hull (official video)August 31, 2016
- Man United’s Paul Pogba gets a new ‘snake’ haircut [Instagram Video]August 31, 2016
- Liverpool fans angered by Michael Owen’s blunt Premier League title prediction on TwitterAugust 19, 2016
- Arsenal fans love the fact Arsene Wenger is smarter than Michael Owen [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Rafa Benitez and Michael Owen spoofed in Darren Farley Euro 2016 preview (Video)June 4, 2016
- Michael Owen panned for claiming Everton’s John Stones could walk into Barcelona’s team (Video & Tweets)June 2, 2016