Mexico sack coach Jose Manuel Chepo de la Torre after shock home defeat to Honduras
- September 7, 2013
The Mexican Federation have sacked coach Jose Manuel Chepo de la Torre Friday’s ignominious home defeat to Honduras, which left El Tri stranded in fourth-place in the six-team CONCACAF qualirying group and with direct qualification now out of their hands.
The writing had been on the wall for Chepo for some time, and the pressure had been really mounting since El Tri’s awful Confederations and Gold Cups this summer.
Mexico now need to fast-track a replacement for Tuesday’s crunch game in Ohia against the US, or temporarily have an assistant fill in for the outgoing Chepo.
[gthumb id=”351702″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”351882″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi