Mexico sack coach Jose Manuel Chepo de la Torre after shock home defeat to Honduras
- September 7, 2013
The Mexican Federation have sacked coach Jose Manuel Chepo de la Torre Friday’s ignominious home defeat to Honduras, which left El Tri stranded in fourth-place in the six-team CONCACAF qualirying group and with direct qualification now out of their hands.
The writing had been on the wall for Chepo for some time, and the pressure had been really mounting since El Tri’s awful Confederations and Gold Cups this summer.
Mexico now need to fast-track a replacement for Tuesday’s crunch game in Ohia against the US, or temporarily have an assistant fill in for the outgoing Chepo.
[gthumb id=”351702″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”351882″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...