- Neymar: I don’t know if I’ll ever be as good as Ronaldo or Messi [Globo]
- Arsene Wenger: ‘Alexis Sanchez has so much self-confidence that sometimes he’s too individual’ [Video]
- Chelsea accused of diving again! Big Sam: Ivanovic went looking for a penalty [Video]
- Arsenal’s Flamini & Rosicky: ‘QPR penalty was harsh, but we forgive ref – it’s Christmas’ [Video]
- Thierry Henry will make cameo appearance in Entourage movie
Mexican commentator screams ‘We love you forever & ever! God bless America!’ as El Tri’s WC hopes are saved by their rivals
Tuesday night was a bittersweet occasion for Mexican football fans.
After their worst qualifying campaign in recent memory, Mexico lost their final 2014 World Cup qualifier away at Costa Rica 2-1, however the central Americans had their Brazil 2014 hopes saved by their arch enemies.
The United States claimed a dramatic 3-2 away win at Panama courtesy of two injury time goals from Graham Zusi and Aron Johannsson, and as the action was beamed out on Mexican TV their commentator went nuts.
Christian Martinoli of TV Azteca went bananas as he watched the Americans save Mexico’s World Cup hopes, screeching “We love you forever & ever! God bless America!” as he simultaneously ripped into Mexico’s players saying “they do nothing for the shirt”.
Watch the amazing Mexican commentary below.
- Updated: October 16, 2013