- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Mesut Ozil’s amazing back heel pass v Man United compared to Redondo at Old Trafford
Quite how there hasn’t been widespread appreciation for Mesut Ozil’s amazing back heel pass in the lead up to Real Madrid’s second goal at Manchester United is beyond us.
It just goes to show how much emphasis (at least in England) has been put on Nani’s sending off and Cristiano Ronaldo’s non celebration for the goal that sealed the tie for Real Madrid.
Throughout the Champions League tie at Old Trafford, Ozil was on fire.
The German playmaker completed 98% of his passes before the red card and then 100% after Nani’s dismissal.
In total, Ozil misplaced one pass in the whole 90 minutes. Different gravy!
The Spanish press have today hailed the Ozil back heel pass to Gonzalo Higuain, who crossed for Ronaldo to score, as comparable to the most famous piece of skill in Real Madrid history:
Fernando Redondo’s majestic back heel trick on Henning Berg, also against Manchester United at Old Trafford, in the Champions League tie in 2000.
Undoubtedly both brilliant pieces of skill and should be applauded as they also made a direct impact on Real Madrid winning both ties.
Ozil’s skill is on the first video, followed by the legendary Redondo moment. Enjoy!
- Updated: March 6, 2013