Mesut Özil Tweets surprise about scoring his first ever headed goal for Arsenal v Norwich
- October 19, 2013
Mesut Özil took to Twitter after Arsenal’s 4-1 win over Norwich and still seemed surprised to have scored a header.
Özil ran from deep to connect to Olivier Giroud’s cross just before the hour mark to make it 2-0 Arsenal, with a goal that effectively killed off Norwich.
During his time at Real Madrid, Özil did not score a headed goal and according to the usually reliable Transfermarkt website, the German playmaker has never scored a goal with his noggin before.
So, Özil comes to England and starts scoring headers…
Can it get any better for Arsenal’s record signing?!
Below is GIF of Mesut Özil’s headed goal v Norwich plus a graph from Transfermarkt showing how the German usually scores his goals.
UPDATE: Mesut Özil’s individual highlights are now also below.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi