- Liverpool offer £135k annual salary to 15-year-old Roma attacker dubbed ‘the new Ibrahimovic’ [Standard]
- Man United target Diego Godin says he’d like to stay with Atletico for ‘many years’ [Mirror]
- Arsenal players spread Christmas cheer around to children in hospital [Video]
- El Tigre is no longer king of the jungle [@BabboPieta Feature]
- Damning! The key statistics behind every Liverpool signing under Brendan Rodgers [Video]
Mesut Özil stood on a chair and sang in front of the whole Arsenal squad at his initiation this week [Picture]
Unfortunately only one picture appears to have documented Mesut Özil’s initiation ceremony at Arsenal this week.
As the Gunners prepared for their Champions League group phase opener against Marseille, the mood of the Arsenal squad was lifted when newbie Özil was forced to go through the common signing-on ritual that seems to befall most high profile footballers these days.
In front of his new Arsenal peers, a sheepish looking Mesut Özil stood on a chair and belted out a song for his teammates.
Özil’s initiation was snapped by Arsenal youth player Chuba Akpom, who then posted the picture on Instagram.
Unfortunately we cannot tell you want Mesut Özil sung.
The picture from Mesut Özil’s Arsenal initiation is below.
- Updated: September 18, 2013