Mesut Ozil apologises to Arsenal fans on Facebook for his behaviour at Man City
Mesut Ozil has apologised to Arsenal fans via his Facebook page on Saturday night.
Ozil wrote an update on his wall saying:
Sorry I didn’t thank the fans at the end of the game!
You have been brilliant to me and I know you had travelled a long way and spent your money to support us.
I was upset with the result and know I should have come to you to say ‘thank you’ and I know it is a big Arsenal tradition win, lose or draw.
Ozil’s apology came after Per Mertesacker publicly rebuked the German international after the midfielder failed to salute the Arsenal away fans after the 6-3 defeat at Manchester City.
Ozil laid on the assist for Theo Walcott to score the 1-1 equaliser in the Manchester City defeat.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal & Liverpool stars joined by Paul Pogba & Sergio Aguero in the BBC XI of the weekSeptember 26, 2016
- Eden Hazard & N’Golo Kante deliver frank assessment of Arsenal 3 – Chelsea 0 [SFR Sport]September 25, 2016
- Arsenal receive a worrying Francis Coquelin updateSeptember 25, 2016
- Ex Arsenal man scores Bergkamp esque goal in Eredivisie matchSeptember 25, 2016
- Gooners think Mesut Ozil is the best midfielder in the world (Videos)September 25, 2016
- Mesut Ozil’s awesome gesture to a young Arsenal fan after the Chelsea win (Video)September 24, 2016
- Mesut Ozil celebrates Arsenal destroying Chelsea with dressing room selfieSeptember 24, 2016
- Arsenal stars Ozil, Cazorla and Xhaka take five shot challenge with Copa 90 (Video)September 22, 2016