Mesut Ozil apologises to Arsenal fans on Facebook for his behaviour at Man City
Mesut Ozil has apologised to Arsenal fans via his Facebook page on Saturday night.
Ozil wrote an update on his wall saying:
Sorry I didn’t thank the fans at the end of the game!
You have been brilliant to me and I know you had travelled a long way and spent your money to support us.
I was upset with the result and know I should have come to you to say ‘thank you’ and I know it is a big Arsenal tradition win, lose or draw.
Ozil’s apology came after Per Mertesacker publicly rebuked the German international after the midfielder failed to salute the Arsenal away fans after the 6-3 defeat at Manchester City.
Ozil laid on the assist for Theo Walcott to score the 1-1 equaliser in the Manchester City defeat.
Watch Live Stream
- New Spurs signing Moussa Sissoko supports ‘The Beautiful Arsenal’August 31, 2016
- The Arsenal Madness? Victor Anichebe is going to the Emirates, cue jokes [Tweets]August 31, 2016
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to give his full Belgium salary to charityAugust 31, 2016
- Jack Wilshere turns down Italian giants to spend the season on loan at Bournemouth [Tweets]August 31, 2016
- Mesut Ozil posts brilliant video after Arsenal sign Shkodran MustafiAugust 31, 2016
- Arsenal fans sing the praises of Mesut Ozil after star turn in win at Watford [Tweets]August 27, 2016
- The new Champions League ball features hand written messages from Mesut Ozil & Gareth BaleAugust 25, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil would return to Real Madrid in a heartbeat [SportBild]August 10, 2016