Mesut Ozil admits he can improve on first season at Arsenal [Bild]
- August 13, 2014
ESPN have translated some interesting comments from Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil, who spoke with Bild in an article that were published Wednesday morning.
Despite bagging a very respectable seven goals and 14 assists in the Premier League last season, it has become a general assumption that Ozil failed to adapt.
Nevertheless, the German World Cup winner won the FA Cup and should be a much bigger influence with the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Theo Walcott to play off this coming season.
Ozil tells Bild: “There is room for improvement in all departments. I need to have more shots at goal again, and also improve my headers. The World Cup title was a great success, but it has to go on now.”
The Arsenal attacker continues: “I am looking forward to my second season in England, because I can also bring in my experience from my first season. I feel great in England, and even more so in London and especially at Arsenal. When things don’t run that smooth at times, there is criticism. Sometimes it’s fair, and sometimes it’s unfair. But I can judge my performances very well – and I also know how the coach [Arsene Wenger] and the fans rate it.”
Finally, Ozil talked of the strength of the Premier League: “It’s difficult in England. There at least five teams competing for the title in the Premier League. But to me personally it’s clear: I want to have maximum success in every competition I play. I’ve only been back with the team since Monday. But I believe that we have made good reinforcements. And I hope that those injury woes from last season do not continue.”
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi