Mentality Shift: Theo Walcott confidently states that Arsenal can win the title on Football Focus
- December 9, 2013
Much ink has been spilled over the years in an effort to explain how Arsenal have failed to win any silverware in a decade, with such talented squads and such strong starts.
The reason, as is even readily admitted by manager Arsene Wenger, has been bottle, or lack thereof – they’ve lacked leadership, the strong men of old, and battling spirit when the going gets tough.
But the mentality looks to have really shifted this season, as this Theo Walcott (one of the chief culprits) interview with Football Focus shows.
His confident, fighting talk is a sight to behold and light years apart from the shy, callow youth of his earlier years.
Walcott emphatically states that Arsenal can win the title with a big fat grin on his face, showing a confidence that will delight Gooners everywhere.
Theo explains the change in mentality to the added leadership in the squad, and the fact that everyone, even the younger players have ‘stepped it up’ this year.
Watch Walcott’s emphatically confident interview, confirming Arsenal can win the title, on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”384422″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Theo Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Chelsea in the Community Shield (Video)
- Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla tweet delight at new Arsenal deals
- Arsene Wenger reveals Theo Walcott’s preferred position for Arsenal (Video)
- Theo Walcott scores only goal as Arsenal beat Wolfsburg 1-0 to win Emirates Cup (Highli...
- Theo Walcott scores Arsenal opener after superb work from Jeff Reine-Adelaide (Official...
- Arsenal star Theo Walcott set to sign new contract [Telegraph]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi