Media Bias! The Mirror attempt to smear Liverpool’s Suarez despite being fouled v Manchester City
The Mirror have incurred criticism from Liverpool fans for their choice of image on the back page of their sports section on Friday.
The Mirror chose an image of Suarez with his hands raised appealing for a penalty despite being fouled just seconds earler.
The Daily Mail also got in on the act, running the same picture with the caption reading: Appealing habit: Luis Suarez flings his arms up in the air as he is challenged by Joleon Lescott
Both tabloids decided to choose this picture of the incident, because it is the most damning of Suarez instead of the one where the shirt pulling by Lescott is visible.
Despite a great performance where he didn’t put a step wrong all match, the tabloid papers clearly have no intention of taking the spotlight off him.
Manchester City defenders Vincent Kompany and Joleon Lescott managed to keep the Uruguayan relatively quiet last night, however not always totally legally.
Liverpool believed they should have a penalty after Joleon Lescott tugged extensively on Luis Suarez’s shirt as they wrangled in preparation for a corner. This incident was also picked up upon by fuming manager Brendan Rodgers who labelled the officials performance yesterday as horrendous.
However Rodgers failed to mention any of Martin Skrtel’s penalty box antics, which has also been going on in several matches, and will need to be told to stop pulling shirts.
Is this just classic tabloid behavior or is the Mirror taking this bias too far?
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp reacts to Mamadou Sakho’s SnapChat updates (Video)September 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool’s first half was one of the best v Hull (Video)September 24, 2016
- Liverpool considered as possible title contenders after win over Hull [Tweets]September 24, 2016
- Mamadou Sakho accuses Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp of lying in Snapchat postSeptember 24, 2016
- Santa Teresa invite Barcelona’s Luis Suarez to their next game after ‘sexist’ comments to Filipe LuisSeptember 23, 2016
- Luis Suarez left the boot in on Filipe Luiz, accused him of diving and called him a clown (Video)September 22, 2016
- Chelsea old boy Filipe Luis calls out Barcelona’s Luis Suarez on Instagram for a nasty foulSeptember 22, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar pranked Luis Suarez by handing him his used chewing gum (Video)September 20, 2016