Mbaye Niang is out of AC Milan’s CL setup because the club screwed up his registration
An embarrassing story involving AC Milan graces the front cover of Corriere Dello Sport on Wednesday as the Rossoneri have screwed up their squad registration for this season’s Champions League group phase.
Mbaye Niang, Milan’s talented 18-year-old striker, is now unavailable for selection throughout the groups after the club mistakenly left his name off their list due to a clerical error.
A paperwork blunder meant that the Rossoneri included Stephan El Shaarawy in the “A List” of players, even though he is eligible for the “B List” also. The B List is reserved for players born after January 1 1992 with at least two years at the club.
Because of El Shaarawy’s placement in Milan’s 25-man A List, Niang was left out of the UEFA squad entirely, and as a result AC Milan director Umberto Gandini – reposinsible for submitting the lists – has been made to look a fool.
AC Milan has since released a statement saying:
Umberto Gandini, Director of AC Milan organization, has assumed the responsibility for the error in the completion of the lists Champions League. Gandini regrets this error and apologizes to all parties concerned and professionally to the Rossoneri fans.
AC Milan’s summer signings Andrea Poli and Kaka were included in Milan’s list, as Rossoneri face Barcelona, Ajax and Celtic in this season’s group of death.
Watch Live Stream
- Top 10 Serie A Veterans: Featuring Francesco Totti & Gianluigi Buffon (Video)May 11th, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent Mino Raiola opens door to him returning to former clubMay 5th, 2016
- Leaked: AC Milan’s brand new 2016-17 home kit has a new club crestApril 30th, 2016
- Guangzhou will give Jackson Martinez to AC Milan as a free gift [Corriere dello Sport]April 29th, 2016
- AC Milan’s M’Baye Niang had his Ferrari totalled in France while on loan at Montpelli...February 3rd, 2014
- M’Baye Niang, AC Milan, 18November 12th, 2013
- WTF! AC Milan’s M’Baye Niang gets harrassed by a twerking transvestite in the streetOctober 31st, 2013
- Mbaye Niang is out of AC Milan’s CL setup because the club screwed up his registrationSeptember 4th, 2013