Mbaye Niang is out of AC Milan’s CL setup because the club screwed up his registration
- September 4, 2013
An embarrassing story involving AC Milan graces the front cover of Corriere Dello Sport on Wednesday as the Rossoneri have screwed up their squad registration for this season’s Champions League group phase.
Mbaye Niang, Milan’s talented 18-year-old striker, is now unavailable for selection throughout the groups after the club mistakenly left his name off their list due to a clerical error.
A paperwork blunder meant that the Rossoneri included Stephan El Shaarawy in the “A List” of players, even though he is eligible for the “B List” also. The B List is reserved for players born after January 1 1992 with at least two years at the club.
Because of El Shaarawy’s placement in Milan’s 25-man A List, Niang was left out of the UEFA squad entirely, and as a result AC Milan director Umberto Gandini – reposinsible for submitting the lists – has been made to look a fool.
AC Milan has since released a statement saying:
Umberto Gandini, Director of AC Milan organization, has assumed the responsibility for the error in the completion of the lists Champions League. Gandini regrets this error and apologizes to all parties concerned and professionally to the Rossoneri fans.
AC Milan’s summer signings Andrea Poli and Kaka were included in Milan’s list, as Rossoneri face Barcelona, Ajax and Celtic in this season’s group of death.
- Huge Coup: Malaga sign wonderkid Hachim Mastour on two-year loan from AC Milan
- AC Milan 2 – Empoli 1: Newbies Carlos Bacca & Luiz Adriano open their Milan ...
- AC Milan (Mexes) beat Manchester United (Ashley Young) in 2 v 2 Adidas Skills game (Video)
- Mario Balotelli on what went wrong at Liverpool & conduct at AC Milan in extensive...
- AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli writes farewell post to Liverpool fans on Facebook
- The best goals from Serie A matchday 1 including a Stevan Jovetic golazo (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...