- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Maurides (Internacional) scores 1st career goal then injures himself with acrobatic celebration!
Internacional’s Maurides claimed his first ever goal on Wednesday night, in a Copa do Brasil match against America Mineiro that ended in a 3-1 victory for Dunga’s side.
The goal from Maurides came in the 89th minute, so what happened next could have been a lot worse for Internacional but it is still a bizarre/amusing/unfortunate moment for the 19-year-old attacker.
Maurides launched into an acrobatic back flip celebration then landed akwardly and had to be stretchered off.
The goal itself was a fine near post header after a slick Internacional team move down the right.
You can add this to the rather lengthy list of football celebrations gone wrong.
- Updated: July 11, 2013