- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
Mauricio Pochettino’s 1st interview as Spurs boss – in English, confirms Steffen Freund will stay
Any Tottenham fans worried about Mauricio Pochettino’s English can rest easy!
It was said that in negotiations with Daniel Levy that Pochettino would have to speak English as Spurs boss.
Having spoken through an interpreter pretty much exclusively whilst he was at Southampton.
Pochettino confirmed his coaching staff will include Steffen Freund – the German is a crowd favourite at White Hart Lane.
Freund came on board with Andre Villas-Boas, was then marginalised towards the end of AVB’s reign before being part of Tim Sherwood’s set up as well.
Among the other highlights are the following two quotes from Pochettino:
“We will try to give everything to make you proud of this football club.”
“We can only expect from the players full commitment & positive attitude.”
- Updated: June 11, 2014