Mauricio Pochettino’s 1st interview as Spurs boss – in English, confirms Steffen Freund will stay
Any Tottenham fans worried about Mauricio Pochettino’s English can rest easy!
It was said that in negotiations with Daniel Levy that Pochettino would have to speak English as Spurs boss.
Having spoken through an interpreter pretty much exclusively whilst he was at Southampton.
Pochettino confirmed his coaching staff will include Steffen Freund – the German is a crowd favourite at White Hart Lane.
Freund came on board with Andre Villas-Boas, was then marginalised towards the end of AVB’s reign before being part of Tim Sherwood’s set up as well.
Among the other highlights are the following two quotes from Pochettino:
“We will try to give everything to make you proud of this football club.”
“We can only expect from the players full commitment & positive attitude.”
Watch Live Stream
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino was like Tony Soprano v Chelsea (Videos)November 28, 2016
- Poch: Spurs were better than Chelsea (video)November 26, 2016
- Antonio Conte reveals what Mauricio Pochettino said to him during Chelsea v Spurs (Video)November 26, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino does a Jose Mourinho getting upset with Chelsea’s boss [Tweets]November 26, 2016
- Revealed: In-depth review of Toby Alderweireld’s release clause in his Spurs contractDecember 7, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela returns to Argentina in odd circumstances. Here’s what we knowDecember 6, 2016
- Boost for Poch: Two Spurs defenders return to trainingDecember 6, 2016
- Spurs fans can rest easy over Toby AlderweireldDecember 6, 2016