Mauricio Pochettino’s 1st interview as Spurs boss – in English, confirms Steffen Freund will stay
- June 11, 2014
Any Tottenham fans worried about Mauricio Pochettino’s English can rest easy!
It was said that in negotiations with Daniel Levy that Pochettino would have to speak English as Spurs boss.
Having spoken through an interpreter pretty much exclusively whilst he was at Southampton.
Pochettino confirmed his coaching staff will include Steffen Freund – the German is a crowd favourite at White Hart Lane.
Freund came on board with Andre Villas-Boas, was then marginalised towards the end of AVB’s reign before being part of Tim Sherwood’s set up as well.
Among the other highlights are the following two quotes from Pochettino:
“We will try to give everything to make you proud of this football club.”
“We can only expect from the players full commitment & positive attitude.”
- Mauricio Pochettino: Harry Kane was tired & could not play 90 minutes (video)
- Spurs boss Pochettino proud to keep Manchester United to 1 shot on target at Old Traffo...
- We scored their goal! Pochettino regrets mistakes after ‘dominating’ Manche...
- Tottenham have €10million bid for striker Clinton N’Jie rejected, Lyon want €20mi...
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has still got it [video]
- Spurs enter the race for Man United target Nathaniel Clyne [Daily Telegraph]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...