Mauricio Pochettino’s 1st interview as Spurs boss – in English, confirms Steffen Freund will stay
Any Tottenham fans worried about Mauricio Pochettino’s English can rest easy!
It was said that in negotiations with Daniel Levy that Pochettino would have to speak English as Spurs boss.
Having spoken through an interpreter pretty much exclusively whilst he was at Southampton.
Pochettino confirmed his coaching staff will include Steffen Freund – the German is a crowd favourite at White Hart Lane.
Freund came on board with Andre Villas-Boas, was then marginalised towards the end of AVB’s reign before being part of Tim Sherwood’s set up as well.
Among the other highlights are the following two quotes from Pochettino:
“We will try to give everything to make you proud of this football club.”
“We can only expect from the players full commitment & positive attitude.”
Watch Live Stream
- Mauricio Pochettino happy with Spurs point despite it being ‘must win game’ (Video)October 18, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino update on Toby Alderweireld does not allay Spurs fearsOctober 15, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs can win the title (video)October 12, 2016
- Dele Alli expecting a text from Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino after England miss (video)October 9, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016