Mauricio Pochettino’s 1st interview as Spurs boss – in English, confirms Steffen Freund will stay
Any Tottenham fans worried about Mauricio Pochettino’s English can rest easy!
It was said that in negotiations with Daniel Levy that Pochettino would have to speak English as Spurs boss.
Having spoken through an interpreter pretty much exclusively whilst he was at Southampton.
Pochettino confirmed his coaching staff will include Steffen Freund – the German is a crowd favourite at White Hart Lane.
Freund came on board with Andre Villas-Boas, was then marginalised towards the end of AVB’s reign before being part of Tim Sherwood’s set up as well.
Among the other highlights are the following two quotes from Pochettino:
“We will try to give everything to make you proud of this football club.”
“We can only expect from the players full commitment & positive attitude.”
Watch Live Stream
- Mauricio Pochettino believes Spurs can reach next level this season (Video)August 11, 2016
- Awkward: Spurs boss Pochettino forgets the existence of former Saints player George Mells (Video)July 31, 2016
- Shane Long scores v Holland with Spurs boss Pochettino watching from stands (Vine)May 27, 2016
- Dutch coach Raymond Verheijen lays into Tottenham boss Mauricio PochettinoMay 17, 2016
- Chelsea & Tottenham target a Belgium based Nigerian wonderkid [Het Laatste Nieuws]August 24, 2016
- Tottenham tipped to buy one of the best free-kick specialists in world football [Bild]August 24, 2016
- Schalke agree loan deal with Spurs for Nabil Bentaleb [L’Equipe]August 23, 2016
- Newcastle are selling Daryl Janmaat to Vicarage Road, taking DeAndre Yedlin from SpursAugust 23, 2016