- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Origi stays at Lille until next season, we’ve never considered January’ [Video]
- Liverpool boss: Brendan Rodgers: ‘Daniel Sturridge is as down as I’ve seen anyone’ [Video]
- Raheem Sterling: ‘I want to stay at Liverpool for many years to come’ [Echo]
- Arsenal planning £30m move for Monaco’s Joao Moutinho [Express]
- Arsenal’s Oxlade-Chamberlain practices painting & fencing while doing keepy-ups in Lucozade ad [Video]
Mauricio Pochettino’s 1st interview as Spurs boss – in English, confirms Steffen Freund will stay
Any Tottenham fans worried about Mauricio Pochettino’s English can rest easy!
It was said that in negotiations with Daniel Levy that Pochettino would have to speak English as Spurs boss.
Having spoken through an interpreter pretty much exclusively whilst he was at Southampton.
Pochettino confirmed his coaching staff will include Steffen Freund – the German is a crowd favourite at White Hart Lane.
Freund came on board with Andre Villas-Boas, was then marginalised towards the end of AVB’s reign before being part of Tim Sherwood’s set up as well.
Among the other highlights are the following two quotes from Pochettino:
“We will try to give everything to make you proud of this football club.”
“We can only expect from the players full commitment & positive attitude.”
- Updated: June 11, 2014