- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Mauricio Pochettino pre AEL 2nd leg: Europa League important for Champions League qualification
- August 28, 2014
With two wins in two Premier League matches and an especially impressive performance against QPR in the bag, Tottenham could well challenge for a top four position this season.
Yet, their is a suspicion that Spurs’ best hopes for a Champions League place in 2015/2016 rests with winning the Europa League.
Europe’s secondary competition finally provides a Champions League spot for the winner this season.
And, arguably, Spurs have a better chance of getting into the Champions League through the Europa League rather than the Premier League.
After winning 2-1 against AEL Limassol in the first leg away from home, you would expect Tottenham to progress at White Hart Lane, but Pochettino cites the MK Dons 4-0 victory over Manchester United, as proof anything can happen in football.
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) August 28, 2014