Mauricio Pochettino pre AEL 2nd leg: Europa League important for Champions League qualification
With two wins in two Premier League matches and an especially impressive performance against QPR in the bag, Tottenham could well challenge for a top four position this season.
Yet, their is a suspicion that Spurs’ best hopes for a Champions League place in 2015/2016 rests with winning the Europa League.
Europe’s secondary competition finally provides a Champions League spot for the winner this season.
And, arguably, Spurs have a better chance of getting into the Champions League through the Europa League rather than the Premier League.
After winning 2-1 against AEL Limassol in the first leg away from home, you would expect Tottenham to progress at White Hart Lane, but Pochettino cites the MK Dons 4-0 victory over Manchester United, as proof anything can happen in football.
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) August 28, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Mauricio Pochettino happy with Spurs point despite it being ‘must win game’ (Video)October 18, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino update on Toby Alderweireld does not allay Spurs fearsOctober 15, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs can win the title (video)October 12, 2016
- Dele Alli expecting a text from Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino after England miss (video)October 9, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016
- Updates on Danny Rose & Toby Alderweireld playing for Spurs v BournemouthOctober 20, 2016
- Man United legend Roy Keane’s frank assessment of Spurs title chances is too funny (Video)October 20, 2016