Mauricio Pochettino pre AEL 2nd leg: Europa League important for Champions League qualification
- August 28, 2014
With two wins in two Premier League matches and an especially impressive performance against QPR in the bag, Tottenham could well challenge for a top four position this season.
Yet, their is a suspicion that Spurs’ best hopes for a Champions League place in 2015/2016 rests with winning the Europa League.
Europe’s secondary competition finally provides a Champions League spot for the winner this season.
And, arguably, Spurs have a better chance of getting into the Champions League through the Europa League rather than the Premier League.
After winning 2-1 against AEL Limassol in the first leg away from home, you would expect Tottenham to progress at White Hart Lane, but Pochettino cites the MK Dons 4-0 victory over Manchester United, as proof anything can happen in football.
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) August 28, 2014
- Mauricio Pochettino: Harry Kane was tired & could not play 90 minutes (video)
- Spurs boss Pochettino proud to keep Manchester United to 1 shot on target at Old Traffo...
- We scored their goal! Pochettino regrets mistakes after ‘dominating’ Manche...
- Tottenham have €10million bid for striker Clinton N’Jie rejected, Lyon want €20mi...
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has still got it [video]
- Spurs enter the race for Man United target Nathaniel Clyne [Daily Telegraph]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...