Mauricio Pochettino pre AEL 2nd leg: Europa League important for Champions League qualification
- August 28, 2014
With two wins in two Premier League matches and an especially impressive performance against QPR in the bag, Tottenham could well challenge for a top four position this season.
Yet, their is a suspicion that Spurs’ best hopes for a Champions League place in 2015/2016 rests with winning the Europa League.
Europe’s secondary competition finally provides a Champions League spot for the winner this season.
And, arguably, Spurs have a better chance of getting into the Champions League through the Europa League rather than the Premier League.
After winning 2-1 against AEL Limassol in the first leg away from home, you would expect Tottenham to progress at White Hart Lane, but Pochettino cites the MK Dons 4-0 victory over Manchester United, as proof anything can happen in football.
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) August 28, 2014
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has still got it [video]
- Spurs enter the race for Man United target Nathaniel Clyne [Daily Telegraph]
- Spurs boss Pochettino sticks up for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Video]
- Wenger has to jog his memory to remember who Pochettino is (Spurs manager) [Video]
- Spurs boss Pochettino admits he can’t stop rumours about Man Utd’s interest...
- Pochettino happy to see his Spurs players square up with each other during games [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi