- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Mauricio Pochettino pre AEL 2nd leg: Europa League important for Champions League qualification
With two wins in two Premier League matches and an especially impressive performance against QPR in the bag, Tottenham could well challenge for a top four position this season.
Yet, their is a suspicion that Spurs’ best hopes for a Champions League place in 2015/2016 rests with winning the Europa League.
Europe’s secondary competition finally provides a Champions League spot for the winner this season.
And, arguably, Spurs have a better chance of getting into the Champions League through the Europa League rather than the Premier League.
After winning 2-1 against AEL Limassol in the first leg away from home, you would expect Tottenham to progress at White Hart Lane, but Pochettino cites the MK Dons 4-0 victory over Manchester United, as proof anything can happen in football.
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) August 28, 2014
- Updated: August 28, 2014