- Barcelona celebrate Eric Abidal’s finest moments at the club in tribute video
- Eric Abidal scored two goals for Barcelona, one of which came in El Clasico [Video]
- Jokers! Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe rip it out of James Rodriguez for terrible touch in Real Madrid training [Video]
- Marouane Fellaini says it was easy for critics to make him a scapegoat when David Moyes failed at Man United
- Olympiakos pay wonderful tribute to retiring defender Eric Abidal [Video]
Mauricio Pochettino needs time at Spurs in what may be a season of steady progress [Guardian Preview]
Spurs have underachieved in the last couple of years considering the talent they have had at the club.
The pick of the bunch being Gareth Bale but when the Welsh wizard was sold for a world record fee and a variety of quality players were brought in, it was surmised that a massive influx would require time to work.
Daniel Levy didn’t care for time. Time is money and so are compensation packages for managers, with Levy handing out a fair amount over the years.
As this Guardian preview says, if Mauricio Pochettino is to succeed with Spurs then Levy will have to build up a tolerance to things not being brilliant straight-away.
- Updated: August 14, 2014