- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Mauricio Pochettino needs time at Spurs in what may be a season of steady progress [Guardian Preview]
Spurs have underachieved in the last couple of years considering the talent they have had at the club.
The pick of the bunch being Gareth Bale but when the Welsh wizard was sold for a world record fee and a variety of quality players were brought in, it was surmised that a massive influx would require time to work.
Daniel Levy didn’t care for time. Time is money and so are compensation packages for managers, with Levy handing out a fair amount over the years.
As this Guardian preview says, if Mauricio Pochettino is to succeed with Spurs then Levy will have to build up a tolerance to things not being brilliant straight-away.
- Updated: August 14, 2014