- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Mauricio Pochettino needs time at Spurs in what may be a season of steady progress [Guardian Preview]
- August 14, 2014
Spurs have underachieved in the last couple of years considering the talent they have had at the club.
The pick of the bunch being Gareth Bale but when the Welsh wizard was sold for a world record fee and a variety of quality players were brought in, it was surmised that a massive influx would require time to work.
Daniel Levy didn’t care for time. Time is money and so are compensation packages for managers, with Levy handing out a fair amount over the years.
As this Guardian preview says, if Mauricio Pochettino is to succeed with Spurs then Levy will have to build up a tolerance to things not being brilliant straight-away.