Mateo Musacchio left out of Villarreal squad as Spurs move draws closer
Having completed the signing of England Under-21 central defender Eric Dier, Spurs appear close to sealing another move to strengthen their backline.
Rumours emerged in the middle of last week that Mauricio Pochettino was keen on bringing fellow countryman Mateo Musacchio to White Hart Lane from Villarreal.
In recent hours, reports emerging from Spain have confirmed that Tottenham are close to signing Musacchio, a 23-year-old centre back.
Crucially, Villarreal played at Middlesbrough today in a pre-season friendly, but Musacchio was nowhere to be seen, left out of the Yellow Submarine squad altogether.
Both Onda Cero and Radio MARCA have claimed this evening that Tottenham are in advanced talks for Mateo Musacchio of Villarreal.
Earlier on Saturday, the Marca newspaper suggested Pochettino has made Musacchio his number one target and despite a release clause of around 50 million euros, a deal for somewhere in the region of 19 million euros is likely.
With suggestions that Jan Vertonghen is not leaving for Barcelona, there have to be question marks over the futures of Zeki Fryers, Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016
- Real Madrid’s winning run comes to an end v Villarreal (Official highlights video)September 22, 2016
- Real Madrid v Villarreal: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-21September 17, 2016
- Roberto Soldao damages cruciate ligament. Villarreal striker out for 6 monthsAugust 10, 2016
- New Man United star Eric Bailly pens letter to Villarreal fans on Instagram [Translated]June 8, 2016