- Arsenal competing with Man United and Chelsea to sign Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane [Star]
- Flashback Friday! Caller can’t understand why (Finnish) goalkeeper Antti Niemi hasn’t been called up for Scotland
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers tries his luck on Mastermind [Parody Video]
- Falcao squeezes Marouane Fellaini’s afro as Juan Mata posts that United’s Spanish-speaking contingent are ready for Hull
- Arsenal on verge of signing 15-year-old Real Madrid starlet Gorka Zabarte Moreno [Marca]
Mateo Musacchio left out of Villarreal squad as Spurs move draws closer
Having completed the signing of England Under-21 central defender Eric Dier, Spurs appear close to sealing another move to strengthen their backline.
Rumours emerged in the middle of last week that Mauricio Pochettino was keen on bringing fellow countryman Mateo Musacchio to White Hart Lane from Villarreal.
In recent hours, reports emerging from Spain have confirmed that Tottenham are close to signing Musacchio, a 23-year-old centre back.
Crucially, Villarreal played at Middlesbrough today in a pre-season friendly, but Musacchio was nowhere to be seen, left out of the Yellow Submarine squad altogether.
Both Onda Cero and Radio MARCA have claimed this evening that Tottenham are in advanced talks for Mateo Musacchio of Villarreal.
Earlier on Saturday, the Marca newspaper suggested Pochettino has made Musacchio his number one target and despite a release clause of around 50 million euros, a deal for somewhere in the region of 19 million euros is likely.
With suggestions that Jan Vertonghen is not leaving for Barcelona, there have to be question marks over the futures of Zeki Fryers, Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul.
- Updated: August 2, 2014