Mateo Musacchio left out of Villarreal squad as Spurs move draws closer
- August 2, 2014
Having completed the signing of England Under-21 central defender Eric Dier, Spurs appear close to sealing another move to strengthen their backline.
Rumours emerged in the middle of last week that Mauricio Pochettino was keen on bringing fellow countryman Mateo Musacchio to White Hart Lane from Villarreal.
In recent hours, reports emerging from Spain have confirmed that Tottenham are close to signing Musacchio, a 23-year-old centre back.
Crucially, Villarreal played at Middlesbrough today in a pre-season friendly, but Musacchio was nowhere to be seen, left out of the Yellow Submarine squad altogether.
Both Onda Cero and Radio MARCA have claimed this evening that Tottenham are in advanced talks for Mateo Musacchio of Villarreal.
Earlier on Saturday, the Marca newspaper suggested Pochettino has made Musacchio his number one target and despite a release clause of around 50 million euros, a deal for somewhere in the region of 19 million euros is likely.
With suggestions that Jan Vertonghen is not leaving for Barcelona, there have to be question marks over the futures of Zeki Fryers, Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul.
- New Tottenham man Dele Alli admits he rejected Liverpool [FourFourTwo]
- Spurs striker Roberto Soldado holds talks with Villarreal [Mundo Deportivo]
- Watford complete the signing of Tottenham’s Etienne Capoue for a club record fee....
- Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld arrives in London to complete move to Totten...
- Toby Alderweireld to undergo Spurs medical on Monday [HLN]
- Troubled Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor filmed converting to Islam [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi