- Arsene Wenger: Koscielny out of Liverpool-Arsenal, Ramsey set to miss Xmas period
- Mega Odds! Back West Ham to beat Leicester in the Premier League at 5/1!!!!
- Special Offer! Back Man City to beat Crystal Palace in the Premier League at 3/1!!!!
- Price Boost! Back Barcelona to beat Cordoba in La Liga at 5/4!!!
- Mousa Dembele pulled off a great back heel pass during Spurs win over Newcastle [GIF]
Match Suspended: Djurgården fans throw beer bottles, Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo gets injured
It’s just round two of the Swedish Allsvenskan season, but already a scandal has broken out.
Monday night’s match between Djurgården and Mjällby survived less than forty-five minutes, after appalling scenes saw DIF fans hurl beers bottles onto the pitch at which point Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo went down clutching his side.
Whether Mjällby’s Arokoyo was struck with a bottle or another missile remains unclear at present, however moments afterwards the incident the referee order both sides off the pitch.
By all account Mjällby will be awarded a 3-0 victory, whilst Djurgården are set for a large fine.
Below are a series of pictures posted by Aftonbladet record the dire episode.
- Updated: April 8, 2013