Match Suspended: Djurgården fans throw beer bottles, Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo gets injured
- April 8, 2013
It’s just round two of the Swedish Allsvenskan season, but already a scandal has broken out.
Monday night’s match between Djurgården and Mjällby survived less than forty-five minutes, after appalling scenes saw DIF fans hurl beers bottles onto the pitch at which point Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo went down clutching his side.
Whether Mjällby’s Arokoyo was struck with a bottle or another missile remains unclear at present, however moments afterwards the incident the referee order both sides off the pitch.
By all account Mjällby will be awarded a 3-0 victory, whilst Djurgården are set for a large fine.
Below are a series of pictures posted by Aftonbladet record the dire episode.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi