- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
- Screamer: An 89th minute 45 yard golazo winner from the American 3rd tier [Video]
- Louis van Gaal got pretty angry with a journalist in Chelsea presser [video]
- Newcastle v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
Match Suspended: Djurgården fans throw beer bottles, Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo gets injured
- April 8, 2013
It’s just round two of the Swedish Allsvenskan season, but already a scandal has broken out.
Monday night’s match between Djurgården and Mjällby survived less than forty-five minutes, after appalling scenes saw DIF fans hurl beers bottles onto the pitch at which point Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo went down clutching his side.
Whether Mjällby’s Arokoyo was struck with a bottle or another missile remains unclear at present, however moments afterwards the incident the referee order both sides off the pitch.
By all account Mjällby will be awarded a 3-0 victory, whilst Djurgården are set for a large fine.
Below are a series of pictures posted by Aftonbladet record the dire episode.