Match Suspended: Djurgården fans throw beer bottles, Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo gets injured
- April 8, 2013
It’s just round two of the Swedish Allsvenskan season, but already a scandal has broken out.
Monday night’s match between Djurgården and Mjällby survived less than forty-five minutes, after appalling scenes saw DIF fans hurl beers bottles onto the pitch at which point Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo went down clutching his side.
Whether Mjällby’s Arokoyo was struck with a bottle or another missile remains unclear at present, however moments afterwards the incident the referee order both sides off the pitch.
By all account Mjällby will be awarded a 3-0 victory, whilst Djurgården are set for a large fine.
Below are a series of pictures posted by Aftonbladet record the dire episode.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...