Match Suspended: Djurgården fans throw beer bottles, Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo gets injured
- April 8, 2013
It’s just round two of the Swedish Allsvenskan season, but already a scandal has broken out.
Monday night’s match between Djurgården and Mjällby survived less than forty-five minutes, after appalling scenes saw DIF fans hurl beers bottles onto the pitch at which point Mjällby’s Gbenga Arokoyo went down clutching his side.
Whether Mjällby’s Arokoyo was struck with a bottle or another missile remains unclear at present, however moments afterwards the incident the referee order both sides off the pitch.
By all account Mjällby will be awarded a 3-0 victory, whilst Djurgården are set for a large fine.
Below are a series of pictures posted by Aftonbladet record the dire episode.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...