Mata heading for Chelsea exit as Napoli, PSG & Juventus circle Spanish star [Sun & Express]
- January 3, 2014
The Sun and the Express pair up for the same narrative on Friday as suggestions that Juan Mata’s future at Chelsea is over get louder.
Mata, Chelsea’s player of the season for the two year’s previous, has struggled to get into the Blues team under Jose Mourinho, and the feud between the player and manager came to a head at Southampton on New Year’s Day.
After the Special One hooked his SPanish midfielder off the pitch at St Mary’s, Mata proceeded to display a very public negative reaction to his substitution which seems to have seal’s his fate at Stamford Bridge.
Now it seems Mata’s days at Chelsea are nigh, and Napoli (managed by former Blues boss Rafa Benitez) , PSG and Juventus are chasing the World Cup and European Championship winner, so say The Sun and the Mail.
According to The Sun:
Rafa Benitez is preparing a £20million bid to rescue Juan Mata from his Chelsea nightmare.
The Napoli boss wants the Spaniard, 25, who has been told by Blues boss Jose Mourinho that he can leave. Midfielder Mata was furious after being subbed during Wednesday’s 3-0 win at Southampton.
A similar story graces the backpage of the Express on Friday, as John Richardson writes:
Juan Mata’s days at Chelsea appear to be numbered after his agents rang the club to demand answers after he was substituted again by Jose Mourinho.
Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and Napoli are preparing to launch bids of about £30 million for the Chelsea misfit as it emerged the club are even willing to let him go on loan if he insists he wants out.
The backpages of the Sun and the Express on Friday are below.
- Joey Barton airs his thoughts on Everton and Chelsea’s John Stones tug-of-war (Vi...
- Chelsea close to signing Monaco’s Aymen Abdennour after giving up John Stones chase
- Jose Mourinho confused by Chelsea’s 2 red cards in 3 games (Video)
- Jose Mourinho refuses to answer questions about Everton boss Roberto Martinez (Video)
- Roberto Martinez draws a line under John Stones saga, confirms defender is staying at E...
- Chelsea target John Stones forced to “flee” his home by Everton “hate...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...