Massive Blow: Robin van Persie faces another 6 weeks out injured for Manchester United [Mail]
In the midst of a red alert crisis, this is the last thing Man United and David Moyes needed.
The Daily Mail detail that Robin van Persie is set for a longer spell on the sidelines than hoped – after suffering a recurrence of the thigh strain he suffered at Arsenal, it looks like the Dutchman will be out for another 6 weeks.
A disappointed Moyes said:‘We are trying to get him back but it’s a thigh strain similar to the one he had at Arsenal so we are having to manage it correctly.
‘He has been to Holland to work with the guy he knows over there and we are doing everything we can. There are some injuries you can play with but not the thigh.’
So, erm, with Rooney AND RVP out of the Swansea game…who’s going to score the goals for United tomorrow?
You just know Raymond Verheijen is going to looooove this.
Expect a Twitter rant from the Dutch coach in the next few hours…
Watch Live Stream
- Eric Bailly praised for impressive return to action in Man United’s 2-0 win v Zorya [Tweets]December 8, 2016
- 7 in 6: Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores in Zorya Luhansk 0 – Manchester United 2 (Official Video)December 8, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan scores first Man United goal with brilliant solo effort v Zorya (Video)December 8, 2016
- Zorya Luhansk fans throw flare onto pitch, explodes near Man Utd keeper Sergio RomeroDecember 8, 2016
- Robin van Persie posts lengthy statement on Instagram after nasty eye injuryNovember 7, 2016
- Robin van Persie suffered a horrific eye injury during 3-1 Fenerbahce win (Video)November 6, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016