Massive Blow: Robin van Persie faces another 6 weeks out injured for Manchester United [Mail]
In the midst of a red alert crisis, this is the last thing Man United and David Moyes needed.
The Daily Mail detail that Robin van Persie is set for a longer spell on the sidelines than hoped – after suffering a recurrence of the thigh strain he suffered at Arsenal, it looks like the Dutchman will be out for another 6 weeks.
A disappointed Moyes said:‘We are trying to get him back but it’s a thigh strain similar to the one he had at Arsenal so we are having to manage it correctly.
‘He has been to Holland to work with the guy he knows over there and we are doing everything we can. There are some injuries you can play with but not the thigh.’
So, erm, with Rooney AND RVP out of the Swansea game…who’s going to score the goals for United tomorrow?
You just know Raymond Verheijen is going to looooove this.
Expect a Twitter rant from the Dutch coach in the next few hours…
Watch Live Stream
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s performance improves after a change of football boots v Man CityOctober 27, 2016
- Man United’s Ashley Young once again trolls Eric Bailly’s shoes (Video)October 27, 2016
- Man United legend Patrice Evra dresses up as a panda to fight racism in awesome Instagram videoOctober 27, 2016
- Man United have finally released their official squad photo – and there are notable omissions [Pictures]October 27, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016
- Robin van Persie admits he could still be at Manchester United if Fergie was still there (Video)October 20, 2016
- Two kids send Robin van Persie a super sweet message before the Man United game (Video)October 20, 2016