Massive Blow: Robin van Persie faces another 6 weeks out injured for Manchester United [Mail]
In the midst of a red alert crisis, this is the last thing Man United and David Moyes needed.
The Daily Mail detail that Robin van Persie is set for a longer spell on the sidelines than hoped – after suffering a recurrence of the thigh strain he suffered at Arsenal, it looks like the Dutchman will be out for another 6 weeks.
A disappointed Moyes said:‘We are trying to get him back but it’s a thigh strain similar to the one he had at Arsenal so we are having to manage it correctly.
‘He has been to Holland to work with the guy he knows over there and we are doing everything we can. There are some injuries you can play with but not the thigh.’
So, erm, with Rooney AND RVP out of the Swansea game…who’s going to score the goals for United tomorrow?
You just know Raymond Verheijen is going to looooove this.
Expect a Twitter rant from the Dutch coach in the next few hours…
Watch Live Stream
- EA Sports reveal FIFA 17 ratings after getting James, Rashford and co. to rate themselves (Video)August 29, 2016
- Olivier Giroud discusses Arsenal’s title chances & hails Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s influence at Man UnitedAugust 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Man City fans prove Sergio Aguero didn’t connect with elbow & Andre Marriner saw incidentAugust 29, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016