Massimo Moratti announces that Indonesian billionaire Erick Thohir has bought Inter Milan
- October 15, 2013
Serie A giants Inter Milan are getting a new owner for the first time since 1995.
Massimo Moratti confirmed on Tuesday that he has reached an agreement with Indonesian billionaire Erick Thohir for the majority shareholding in Inter Milan.
Thohir is rumoured to be acquiring a 70% holding of the Nerazzurri.
Moratti told reports in Milan on Tuesday morning:
Everything has been signed, in a few hours there will be a press release. Satisfied? Yes, this has been a long time, but eventually we have gotten there, everything seems to be in balance.
On the role of President, that does not have to be decided yet, but it will depend only on me. There is all the love, but also the relief of leaving the club to respectable people in terms of their character.
Now I will try to adapt to a new rhythm.
Thohir is an experienced sports team owner. He is part of the constorium which owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers, while he is also a majority owner of the MLS side DC United.
Inter Milan are currently fourth in Serie A, seven points behind leaders Roma.
- Erik Lamela’s father confirms son is happy to be leaving Spurs for Inter Milan [G...
- The best goals from Serie A matchday 1 including a Stevan Jovetic golazo (video)
- Inter Milan in talks with Real Madrid for defender Fabio Coentrao [Di Marzio]
- Inter Milan contact Tottenham about signing Eric Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Carpi v Inter Milan: Watch a Live Stream
- Former Man City striker Stevan Jovetic scored a 90th minute winning golazo on his Inter...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...