Massimo Moratti announces that Indonesian billionaire Erick Thohir has bought Inter Milan
- October 15, 2013
Serie A giants Inter Milan are getting a new owner for the first time since 1995.
Massimo Moratti confirmed on Tuesday that he has reached an agreement with Indonesian billionaire Erick Thohir for the majority shareholding in Inter Milan.
Thohir is rumoured to be acquiring a 70% holding of the Nerazzurri.
Moratti told reports in Milan on Tuesday morning:
Everything has been signed, in a few hours there will be a press release. Satisfied? Yes, this has been a long time, but eventually we have gotten there, everything seems to be in balance.
On the role of President, that does not have to be decided yet, but it will depend only on me. There is all the love, but also the relief of leaving the club to respectable people in terms of their character.
Now I will try to adapt to a new rhythm.
Thohir is an experienced sports team owner. He is part of the constorium which owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers, while he is also a majority owner of the MLS side DC United.
Inter Milan are currently fourth in Serie A, seven points behind leaders Roma.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...