Martin Montoya’s Liverpool transfer looks close as MD Ian Ayre flies to Barcelona to open talks [Mirror]
- November 28, 2013
Liverpool’s bid to lure Barcelona full-back Martin Montoya has taken a step further in the process, with MD Ian Ayre flying out to Catalonia on Thursday to open talks, according to the Mirror.
The Mirror go on to explain that Liverpool’s interest has been piqued by sources in Spain suggesting that talks have broken down completely between Montoya and Barcelona over a new deal, which would make him a free agent in the summer.
With Jose Enrique out injured, Rodgers is believed to see Montoya as the ideal candidate to fill in the short term and to eventually make the spot his own.
Not only can he play both full-back positions, but Montoya is widely regarded as a coming talent in Spain and has been earmarked at the world champions’ next right-back; and having served his apprenticeship at La Masia, Montoya appears ready to fly the coop and gain experience away from the Catalan cocoon.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi