- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Martin Montoya’s Liverpool transfer looks close as MD Ian Ayre flies to Barcelona to open talks [Mirror]
Liverpool’s bid to lure Barcelona full-back Martin Montoya has taken a step further in the process, with MD Ian Ayre flying out to Catalonia on Thursday to open talks, according to the Mirror.
The Mirror go on to explain that Liverpool’s interest has been piqued by sources in Spain suggesting that talks have broken down completely between Montoya and Barcelona over a new deal, which would make him a free agent in the summer.
With Jose Enrique out injured, Rodgers is believed to see Montoya as the ideal candidate to fill in the short term and to eventually make the spot his own.
Not only can he play both full-back positions, but Montoya is widely regarded as a coming talent in Spain and has been earmarked at the world champions’ next right-back; and having served his apprenticeship at La Masia, Montoya appears ready to fly the coop and gain experience away from the Catalan cocoon.
- Updated: November 28, 2013