Martin Montoya’s Liverpool transfer looks close as MD Ian Ayre flies to Barcelona to open talks [Mirror]
- November 28, 2013
Liverpool’s bid to lure Barcelona full-back Martin Montoya has taken a step further in the process, with MD Ian Ayre flying out to Catalonia on Thursday to open talks, according to the Mirror.
The Mirror go on to explain that Liverpool’s interest has been piqued by sources in Spain suggesting that talks have broken down completely between Montoya and Barcelona over a new deal, which would make him a free agent in the summer.
With Jose Enrique out injured, Rodgers is believed to see Montoya as the ideal candidate to fill in the short term and to eventually make the spot his own.
Not only can he play both full-back positions, but Montoya is widely regarded as a coming talent in Spain and has been earmarked at the world champions’ next right-back; and having served his apprenticeship at La Masia, Montoya appears ready to fly the coop and gain experience away from the Catalan cocoon.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...