Kagawa, Fellaini, Zaha, Nani, Chicharito & five others set for Manchester United axe [Mirror & Express]
- July 16, 2014
He’s been in the Manchester United job for less than 24 hours, but the Mirror are billing Louis van Gaal as ready to shift the deadwood out of Old Trafford.
Ten players are set to for Old Trafford exit door, say the tabloid, with Marouane Fellaini and Wilfried Zaha some of the bigger named stars set to leave.
Without any further information available on the backsheet of the paper, the narrative that’s being built is the van Gaal fundamentally believes the squad at Man United is all wrong.
Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera have joined United already this summer, but if the Mirror’s story is accurate then surely more signings must being coming for the Red Devils.
Interestingly, the Express run with the same story, and they list other players set for the chopping block.
Luis Nani, Ashley Young, Shinji Kagawa, Javier Hernandez, Tom Cleverley, Anderson, Bebe and Nick Powell are all mentioned as surplus to requirements.
The backpages of the Mirror and Express on Thursday is below.
- Wayne Rooney glad to get a good reception on Everton return for Duncan Ferguson’s...
- Man United striker Wayne Rooney received awesome welcome at Everton (video)
- “Spineless snake” – Furious Man United fans hit out at PSG bound Ange...
- Rafael appears to confirm his Man United exit to Lyon on Twitter
- Man United legend Roy Keane comes under attack for saying Arsenal have a ‘selfie cultur...
- Man United defender Rafael to have medical at Lyon ahead of a €3m move [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi