Marouane Fellaini sacrificed £4m bonus to secure United move & spare Moyes blushes [Times & Express]
- September 3, 2013
Had Manchester United not of managed to pull off the last minute signing of Marouane Fellaini, there could have been serious trouble.
According to both The Times and The Daily Express this was a serious possibility as the cut-off time loomed large.
Fortunately, the big Belgian Fellaini gave up his £4 million bonus to secure the £23.5/£27.5 move.
In layman’s terms, Manchester United paid £23.5m and Everton received £27.5m with Fellaini giving up a £4m bonus to spare David Moyes his blushes.
That is one way to endear yourself to the Manchester United faithful.
The length of Fellaini’s contract is yet to be disclosed as the 25 year old hopes to become a club legend.
He said, “Being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future.”
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Watch how David Moyes & Unai Emery reacted to Real Sociedad 4 – Sevilla 3 [v...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi