Marouane Fellaini sacrificed £4m bonus to secure United move & spare Moyes blushes [Times & Express]
- September 3, 2013
Had Manchester United not of managed to pull off the last minute signing of Marouane Fellaini, there could have been serious trouble.
According to both The Times and The Daily Express this was a serious possibility as the cut-off time loomed large.
Fortunately, the big Belgian Fellaini gave up his £4 million bonus to secure the £23.5/£27.5 move.
In layman’s terms, Manchester United paid £23.5m and Everton received £27.5m with Fellaini giving up a £4m bonus to spare David Moyes his blushes.
That is one way to endear yourself to the Manchester United faithful.
The length of Fellaini’s contract is yet to be disclosed as the 25 year old hopes to become a club legend.
He said, “Being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future.”
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...