- Gabriel gives his first interview since becoming an Arsenal player [Video]
- Francesco Totti takes the piss out of Cristiano Ronaldo’s roar!
- EXCLUSIVE Offer: Back Tottenham to reach the Capital One Cup final at 2/1!!!
- The wealthiest football clubs on the planet and how they make their money [Graphic]
- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
Marouane Fellaini sacrificed £4m bonus to secure United move & spare Moyes blushes [Times & Express]
Had Manchester United not of managed to pull off the last minute signing of Marouane Fellaini, there could have been serious trouble.
According to both The Times and The Daily Express this was a serious possibility as the cut-off time loomed large.
Fortunately, the big Belgian Fellaini gave up his £4 million bonus to secure the £23.5/£27.5 move.
In layman’s terms, Manchester United paid £23.5m and Everton received £27.5m with Fellaini giving up a £4m bonus to spare David Moyes his blushes.
That is one way to endear yourself to the Manchester United faithful.
The length of Fellaini’s contract is yet to be disclosed as the 25 year old hopes to become a club legend.
He said, “Being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future.”
- Updated: September 3, 2013