Marouane Fellaini sacrificed £4m bonus to secure United move & spare Moyes blushes [Times & Express]
- September 3, 2013
Had Manchester United not of managed to pull off the last minute signing of Marouane Fellaini, there could have been serious trouble.
According to both The Times and The Daily Express this was a serious possibility as the cut-off time loomed large.
Fortunately, the big Belgian Fellaini gave up his £4 million bonus to secure the £23.5/£27.5 move.
In layman’s terms, Manchester United paid £23.5m and Everton received £27.5m with Fellaini giving up a £4m bonus to spare David Moyes his blushes.
That is one way to endear yourself to the Manchester United faithful.
The length of Fellaini’s contract is yet to be disclosed as the 25 year old hopes to become a club legend.
He said, “Being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future.”
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...