- Arsenal man Lukas Podolski included #BreakFromTheBench in latest Instagram post [Picture]
- Liverpool fans slam the ‘cringey’ #RodgersOut brigade after Crystal Palace defeat [Video]
- Harry Kane & Christian Eriksen post match interview after Hull 1 – Tottenham 2 [Video]
- Remember the name! Liverpool starlet Sergi Canos (17) brilliant hat-trick v Derby U18s [Video]
- Liverpool fan Chris “furious” with display at Crystal Palace & criticises Lovren [Video]
Marouane Fellaini sacrificed £4m bonus to secure United move & spare Moyes blushes [Times & Express]
Had Manchester United not of managed to pull off the last minute signing of Marouane Fellaini, there could have been serious trouble.
According to both The Times and The Daily Express this was a serious possibility as the cut-off time loomed large.
Fortunately, the big Belgian Fellaini gave up his £4 million bonus to secure the £23.5/£27.5 move.
In layman’s terms, Manchester United paid £23.5m and Everton received £27.5m with Fellaini giving up a £4m bonus to spare David Moyes his blushes.
That is one way to endear yourself to the Manchester United faithful.
The length of Fellaini’s contract is yet to be disclosed as the 25 year old hopes to become a club legend.
He said, “Being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future.”
- Updated: September 3, 2013