Marouane Fellaini sacrificed £4m bonus to secure United move & spare Moyes blushes [Times & Express]
Had Manchester United not of managed to pull off the last minute signing of Marouane Fellaini, there could have been serious trouble.
According to both The Times and The Daily Express this was a serious possibility as the cut-off time loomed large.
Fortunately, the big Belgian Fellaini gave up his £4 million bonus to secure the £23.5/£27.5 move.
In layman’s terms, Manchester United paid £23.5m and Everton received £27.5m with Fellaini giving up a £4m bonus to spare David Moyes his blushes.
That is one way to endear yourself to the Manchester United faithful.
The length of Fellaini’s contract is yet to be disclosed as the 25 year old hopes to become a club legend.
He said, “Being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future.”
- David Moyes will be back in work if Leeds takeover goes through [Mirror]
- David Moyes had no idea sack was coming at final Real Sociedad press conference (Video)
- Jose’s replacement: Man United fans react as David Moyes is sacked by Real Sociedad [Best T...
- Wilfired Zaha finally has his say on those rumours about David Moyes’ daughter at Man United
- Belgium boss Marc Wilmots encourages Marouane Fellaini to leave Manchester United in January
- Marouane Fellaini & Ander Herrera post on Instagram after CSKA 1 – Man United 1
- Man United’s Marouane Fellaini accused of sending pics of his privates [Star]
- Man United Twitter account Trolled endlessly after congratulating Marouane Fellaini on Euro 2016 ...