- Paul Pogba stole the show as Juventus recorded comprehensive win over Lazio [Official Highlights]
- Howard Webb discusses yellow cards and discipline with Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville
- Dortmund attacker Marco Reus scores before sustaining ankle injury against Paderborn [Video]
- TalkSPORT dedicate video to the many faces of Arsene Wenger
- Jamie Carragher asked if Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard should be dropped, dodges the question [Video]
Marouane Fellaini has been told he will join Man United for €28m [Sport Wereld]
Belgian broadsheet Sport Wereld report that the transfer of Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United is all but certain to happen in the remaining hours of the summer transfer window.
Fellaini played his farewell match for Everton at Cardiff on Saturday out of respect for the club that brought him to England but has been told he will depart for Old Trafford before the transfer deadline late on Monday evening.
Manchester United have seen at least two bids rebuffed for Fellaini this summer but Everton felt they had little choice but to sell once the Belgian midfielder told Roberto Martinez he wanted to leave Goodison Park on Thursday.
Everton decided to sell, according to Sport Wereld, since the release clause in Fellaini’s contract will be re-activated at the start of the January transfer window.
This clause would allow Fellaini to leave Everton for a Champions League club for a fee of 23.5 million euros. Therefore the United offer of 28 million euros is too good to turn down.
The Belgian paper, with good links to Fellaini and his representatives, add that the deal has been complicated as Everton are unwilling to sanction the departure of Leighton Baines to Manchester United.
- Updated: September 1, 2013