- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
- Wenger post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘Alexis Sanchez has unbelievable fighting spirit’ [Video]
Marketing mogul in charge of Argentina national team links David Beckham to River Plate
The rumors rumble on that David Beckham may be tempted to put his ‘cleats’ back on before finally walking off into the sunset for good and glories.
Just a few weeks ago, the story emerged that Becks may be lured to the high altitudes of La Paz to play for Bolivian side Bolivar, though aside from the sheer implausibility of that happening, the fact that they are not in the Libertadores effectively makes it a non-starter.
But the South American link persists, with Argentine side River Plate emerging as the latest unlikely candidate to lure Goldenballs out of retirement.
Guillermo Tofoni, the owner of World Eleven -the company that looks after the marketing concerns of the Argentina national team – has tweeted a tantalizing and optimistic message to his followers on El Becks.
Tofinho tweeted, Beckham to River Plate??? Why not???
Becks to Argentina would surely be quite the media coup, what with the whole Anglo-Argentine history and all. And that career defining kick on Diego Simeone in 1998…
David Beckham podría jugar en River ???? Why not ??
— Guillermo Tofoni (@GuillermoTofoni) January 6, 2014
- Updated: January 6, 2014