Mark Lawrenson gets confused with Luis Suarez move, makes out Liverpool did well to sell him over ‘inherent biting’
Mark Lawrenson, the Liverpool legend that he is, has gotten a little confused with Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona.
The BBC pundit has construed the move as Liverpool’s decision, as if Ian Ayre physically drove Suarez to Spain, such was the need to get rid of the Uruguayan.
Lawro said Liverpool did well to get the money they did for a player who misses a third of the games every season, and that Liverpool had reached the point of no return with him.
There’s just one problem with Lawro’s thesis: Barcelona, a far superior team in the current day, bought him, without any worries over his ‘inherent biting problem’.
To be clear: Leaving was entirely Suarez’s decision, Liverpool would have kept him had he never expressed a desire to leave, even had he’d physically bitten Chiellini’s head off.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona pay tribute to new Man City keeper Claudio Bravo with highlights montage (video)August 25, 2016
- Leo Messi wins UEFA’s goal of the season for his golazo v Roma (Official Video)August 25, 2016
- Watch Jasper Cillessen’s first interview after his move from Ajax to Barcelona (Video)August 25, 2016
- Barça might have second thoughts about Cillessen after Ajax’s Champions League debacle….August 24, 2016
- Burton 0 – Liverpool 5 (Official highlights video)August 25, 2016
- Updates on Emre Can & Divock Origi’s availability for Spurs v Liverpool (Video)August 25, 2016
- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is ‘unhappy’ [Times]August 25, 2016
- All of Jordan Henderson’s mistakes for Liverpool v Burton Albion (Video)August 24, 2016
- Luis Suarez bags a hat-trick as Barcelona crush Betis 6-2 (Official video)August 20, 2016
- Luis Suarez scores Barcelona team goal from Arda Turan assist v Sevilla (Videos)August 14, 2016
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi bags amazing overhead kick assist for Luis Suarez v Sampdoria (Video)August 10, 2016
- Liverpool old boy Luis Suarez laughs at Roberto Firmino’s hair (Video)August 7, 2016