Mark Lawrenson gets confused with Luis Suarez move, makes out Liverpool did well to sell him over ‘inherent biting’
Mark Lawrenson, the Liverpool legend that he is, has gotten a little confused with Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona.
The BBC pundit has construed the move as Liverpool’s decision, as if Ian Ayre physically drove Suarez to Spain, such was the need to get rid of the Uruguayan.
Lawro said Liverpool did well to get the money they did for a player who misses a third of the games every season, and that Liverpool had reached the point of no return with him.
There’s just one problem with Lawro’s thesis: Barcelona, a far superior team in the current day, bought him, without any worries over his ‘inherent biting problem’.
To be clear: Leaving was entirely Suarez’s decision, Liverpool would have kept him had he never expressed a desire to leave, even had he’d physically bitten Chiellini’s head off.
Watch Live Stream
- The Catalan (Barcelona) press extremely bitter about Real Madrid’s Undecima with Front PagesMay 29th, 2016
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- Barcelona legend Xavi believes that Atletico Madrid will beat Real Madrid (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin offers revealing comments when asked about Barcelona interest [Cope]May 27th, 2016
- Three lucky fans chat to former Liverpool star John Barnes on Skype (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool fans turn on UEFA as it transpires Mamadou Sakho was wrongfully banned for doping [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool man Steven Gerrard wishes Fernando Torres good luck in CL Final [Instagram]May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho free to play after 1-month doping ban expires [L’Equipe]May 28th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo rings the MSN for advice ahead of Champions League final (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Luis Suarez called his wife from Barça bench after breaking down in tears following injury (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Thiago Messi & Benjamin Suarez star in Barcelona Copa del Rey celebrationsMay 23rd, 2016
- Luis Suarez credits Brendan Rodgers with developing him into the Barcelona Pichichi he is todayMay 20th, 2016