Mark Lawrenson gets confused with Luis Suarez move, makes out Liverpool did well to sell him over ‘inherent biting’
- July 11, 2014
Mark Lawrenson, the Liverpool legend that he is, has gotten a little confused with Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona.
The BBC pundit has construed the move as Liverpool’s decision, as if Ian Ayre physically drove Suarez to Spain, such was the need to get rid of the Uruguayan.
Lawro said Liverpool did well to get the money they did for a player who misses a third of the games every season, and that Liverpool had reached the point of no return with him.
There’s just one problem with Lawro’s thesis: Barcelona, a far superior team in the current day, bought him, without any worries over his ‘inherent biting problem’.
To be clear: Leaving was entirely Suarez’s decision, Liverpool would have kept him had he never expressed a desire to leave, even had he’d physically bitten Chiellini’s head off.
- The Master: Lionel Messi’s amazing dribbling skills regularly floor opponents [Vi...
- Barcelona agree €35m fee with Atletico Madrid for Arda Turan [Sport]
- Guiseppe Marotta confirms that Juventus rejected €80m bid from Barcelona for Paul Pogba
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi