Mark Lawrenson gets confused with Luis Suarez move, makes out Liverpool did well to sell him over ‘inherent biting’
- July 11, 2014
Mark Lawrenson, the Liverpool legend that he is, has gotten a little confused with Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona.
The BBC pundit has construed the move as Liverpool’s decision, as if Ian Ayre physically drove Suarez to Spain, such was the need to get rid of the Uruguayan.
Lawro said Liverpool did well to get the money they did for a player who misses a third of the games every season, and that Liverpool had reached the point of no return with him.
There’s just one problem with Lawro’s thesis: Barcelona, a far superior team in the current day, bought him, without any worries over his ‘inherent biting problem’.
To be clear: Leaving was entirely Suarez’s decision, Liverpool would have kept him had he never expressed a desire to leave, even had he’d physically bitten Chiellini’s head off.
- As Leo Messi gets in shape running on a treadmill, Thiago Messi does exercise next to h...
- Individual highlights of Kenedy’s debut for Chelsea against Barcelona (Video)
- Man United set to sign Pedro from Barcelona after they sell Angel Di Maria [Sport]
- Barcelona legend Ronaldinho bags 3 glorious goals in first Fluminense training session ...
- Chelsea 2 – Barcelona 2: Hazard & Cahill find the target before Blues win a ...
- Barcelona are yet to receive a formal offer for Pedro from Manchester United (Sport)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi