Mark Lawrenson gets confused with Luis Suarez move, makes out Liverpool did well to sell him over ‘inherent biting’
- July 11, 2014
Mark Lawrenson, the Liverpool legend that he is, has gotten a little confused with Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona.
The BBC pundit has construed the move as Liverpool’s decision, as if Ian Ayre physically drove Suarez to Spain, such was the need to get rid of the Uruguayan.
Lawro said Liverpool did well to get the money they did for a player who misses a third of the games every season, and that Liverpool had reached the point of no return with him.
There’s just one problem with Lawro’s thesis: Barcelona, a far superior team in the current day, bought him, without any worries over his ‘inherent biting problem’.
To be clear: Leaving was entirely Suarez’s decision, Liverpool would have kept him had he never expressed a desire to leave, even had he’d physically bitten Chiellini’s head off.
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...