Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich responds to Fergie’s ‘unprofessional binge eater’ claims – ‘I’ll see him at the Melbourne Cup’ on Talksport
Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich is one of the many, many victims who are ripped to shreds in Fergie’s autobiography.
On the Aussie epicurean, Ferguson says:
“Mark Bosnich was a terrible professional,” . “We played down at Wimbledon and Bosnich was tucking into everything: sandwiches, soups, steaks. He was going through the menu.
“I told him, ‘For Christ’s sake, Mark, we’ve got the weight off you. Why are you tucking into all that stuff?’
“We arrived back in Manchester, and Mark was on mobile phone to a Chinese restaurant to order a takeaway. Is there no end to you? I just couldn’t make an impact on him.”
Ferguson – who had several false starts signing goalkeepers – tried to pull out of a deal to sign Bosnich.
“Mark got off to a real bad start. He turned up for training three hours late. He was overweight,” Ferguson added at a press conference to launch the book. “We had a bad period trying to replace Peter Schmeichel. Goalkeepers are not my strongest point. By the time we got to [Edwin] van der Sar it was a blessing.”
Bozzy, now a highly regarded pundit Down Under, went on Aussie Fox Sports, and then on English radio Talksport, to defend himself, insisting on his ‘right of reply’.
”The fact remains that I was the only player he signed twice at Manchester United. ”In my first season there we won the English Premier League by a record 18 points, which still stands today, and we became the first British team to win the World Club Championship against Palmeiras in Tokyo.”
In addition, Bozzy claims he was only 2 and a half kilos overweight, and feels Fergie’s exagerrated his weight issue.
And hoping Fergie attends the Melbourne Cup (horse-racing), he’s looking forward to ‘seeing him face to face’ to tell him what he thinks.
[gthumb id=”369989″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic on his Man United goal droughtOctober 22, 2016
- Trolled: Man United’s Wayne Rooney calls out Liverpool old boy Michael Owen on TwitterOctober 22, 2016
- Jesse Lingard posts video from Man United’s train to Chelsea gameOctober 22, 2016
- Seems like Jose Mourinho has dropped two Man United stars for the Chelsea game [M.E.N]October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Mads Timm claims he didn’t get chance at Man Utd as he wasn’t signed to Fergie’s son’s agencyOctober 13, 2016
- Swansea’s Bob Bradley can talk (loudly), has an interesting connection with Alex Ferguson (Video)October 7, 2016
- The Star make a big claim about Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex Ferguson & Man UnitedOctober 1, 2016