Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich responds to Fergie’s ‘unprofessional binge eater’ claims – ‘I’ll see him at the Melbourne Cup’ on Talksport
Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich is one of the many, many victims who are ripped to shreds in Fergie’s autobiography.
On the Aussie epicurean, Ferguson says:
“Mark Bosnich was a terrible professional,” . “We played down at Wimbledon and Bosnich was tucking into everything: sandwiches, soups, steaks. He was going through the menu.
“I told him, ‘For Christ’s sake, Mark, we’ve got the weight off you. Why are you tucking into all that stuff?’
“We arrived back in Manchester, and Mark was on mobile phone to a Chinese restaurant to order a takeaway. Is there no end to you? I just couldn’t make an impact on him.”
Ferguson – who had several false starts signing goalkeepers – tried to pull out of a deal to sign Bosnich.
“Mark got off to a real bad start. He turned up for training three hours late. He was overweight,” Ferguson added at a press conference to launch the book. “We had a bad period trying to replace Peter Schmeichel. Goalkeepers are not my strongest point. By the time we got to [Edwin] van der Sar it was a blessing.”
Bozzy, now a highly regarded pundit Down Under, went on Aussie Fox Sports, and then on English radio Talksport, to defend himself, insisting on his ‘right of reply’.
”The fact remains that I was the only player he signed twice at Manchester United. ”In my first season there we won the English Premier League by a record 18 points, which still stands today, and we became the first British team to win the World Club Championship against Palmeiras in Tokyo.”
In addition, Bozzy claims he was only 2 and a half kilos overweight, and feels Fergie’s exagerrated his weight issue.
And hoping Fergie attends the Melbourne Cup (horse-racing), he’s looking forward to ‘seeing him face to face’ to tell him what he thinks.
[gthumb id=”369989″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- David Beckham congratulates Zinedine Zidane on Real Madrid UCL win [Instagram]May 28th, 2016
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard can’t wait to play Mourinho’s Man United [SSN]May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal or Man United? Gabon coach confirms Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exitMay 28th, 2016
- Mino Raiola hints Zlatan Ibrahimovic may not go to Manchester United [Expressen]May 28th, 2016
- Ex Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson jokes about signing Arsenal legend Ian Wright (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson congratulates Louis van Gaal on Man United FA Cup win (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Twitter jokes about Sir Alex Ferguson chatting with Mark Clattenburg after controversy [Tweets]May 21st, 2016
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson on why Leo Messi isn’t on Cristiano Ronaldo’s levelMay 18th, 2016