Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich responds to Fergie’s ‘unprofessional binge eater’ claims – ‘I’ll see him at the Melbourne Cup’ on Talksport
Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich is one of the many, many victims who are ripped to shreds in Fergie’s autobiography.
On the Aussie epicurean, Ferguson says:
“Mark Bosnich was a terrible professional,” . “We played down at Wimbledon and Bosnich was tucking into everything: sandwiches, soups, steaks. He was going through the menu.
“I told him, ‘For Christ’s sake, Mark, we’ve got the weight off you. Why are you tucking into all that stuff?’
“We arrived back in Manchester, and Mark was on mobile phone to a Chinese restaurant to order a takeaway. Is there no end to you? I just couldn’t make an impact on him.”
Ferguson – who had several false starts signing goalkeepers – tried to pull out of a deal to sign Bosnich.
“Mark got off to a real bad start. He turned up for training three hours late. He was overweight,” Ferguson added at a press conference to launch the book. “We had a bad period trying to replace Peter Schmeichel. Goalkeepers are not my strongest point. By the time we got to [Edwin] van der Sar it was a blessing.”
Bozzy, now a highly regarded pundit Down Under, went on Aussie Fox Sports, and then on English radio Talksport, to defend himself, insisting on his ‘right of reply’.
”The fact remains that I was the only player he signed twice at Manchester United. ”In my first season there we won the English Premier League by a record 18 points, which still stands today, and we became the first British team to win the World Club Championship against Palmeiras in Tokyo.”
In addition, Bozzy claims he was only 2 and a half kilos overweight, and feels Fergie’s exagerrated his weight issue.
And hoping Fergie attends the Melbourne Cup (horse-racing), he’s looking forward to ‘seeing him face to face’ to tell him what he thinks.
[gthumb id=”369989″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Man United legend Nemanja Vidic is flattered by comparisons to Eric Bailly [Quotes]September 26, 2016
- The Man United squad WhatsApp group chat with Wayne Rooney after Leicester win [Spoof]September 26, 2016
- Jesse Lingard trolls Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford with hilarious Snapchats (Video)September 26, 2016
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia reacts to claims he cheated on his wife with Sophie VågsæterSeptember 26, 2016
- Jaap Stam speaks about his sale to Lazio being Sir Alex Ferguson’s biggest mistake (Video)September 8, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates with Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal win the Euros (Video)July 11, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson says it was a steward who told him to sign Ryan Giggs [ESPN]July 5, 2016