Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich responds to Fergie’s ‘unprofessional binge eater’ claims – ‘I’ll see him at the Melbourne Cup’ on Talksport
- October 28, 2013
Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich is one of the many, many victims who are ripped to shreds in Fergie’s autobiography.
On the Aussie epicurean, Ferguson says:
“Mark Bosnich was a terrible professional,” . “We played down at Wimbledon and Bosnich was tucking into everything: sandwiches, soups, steaks. He was going through the menu.
“I told him, ‘For Christ’s sake, Mark, we’ve got the weight off you. Why are you tucking into all that stuff?’
“We arrived back in Manchester, and Mark was on mobile phone to a Chinese restaurant to order a takeaway. Is there no end to you? I just couldn’t make an impact on him.”
Ferguson – who had several false starts signing goalkeepers – tried to pull out of a deal to sign Bosnich.
“Mark got off to a real bad start. He turned up for training three hours late. He was overweight,” Ferguson added at a press conference to launch the book. “We had a bad period trying to replace Peter Schmeichel. Goalkeepers are not my strongest point. By the time we got to [Edwin] van der Sar it was a blessing.”
Bozzy, now a highly regarded pundit Down Under, went on Aussie Fox Sports, and then on English radio Talksport, to defend himself, insisting on his ‘right of reply’.
”The fact remains that I was the only player he signed twice at Manchester United. ”In my first season there we won the English Premier League by a record 18 points, which still stands today, and we became the first British team to win the World Club Championship against Palmeiras in Tokyo.”
In addition, Bozzy claims he was only 2 and a half kilos overweight, and feels Fergie’s exagerrated his weight issue.
And hoping Fergie attends the Melbourne Cup (horse-racing), he’s looking forward to ‘seeing him face to face’ to tell him what he thinks.
[gthumb id=”369989″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Man United prepare new Schneiderlin bid in hope of having him for pre-season tour
- Manchester United Superfan Ray explains why he thinks his club is biggest in the world ...
- Atletico Madrid close in on Manchester United target Nicolas Gaitan [Record]
- Manchester United lay down gauntlet to Real Madrid: No Sergio Ramos, no David De Gea [G...
- Man Utd’s Memphis Depay posts video of himself pushing a baby’s pram on cha...
- Hardball: Man United will only sell De Gea to Real Madrid if they get Ramos
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi