Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich responds to Fergie’s ‘unprofessional binge eater’ claims – ‘I’ll see him at the Melbourne Cup’ on Talksport
Mark ‘Bozzy’ Bosnich is one of the many, many victims who are ripped to shreds in Fergie’s autobiography.
On the Aussie epicurean, Ferguson says:
“Mark Bosnich was a terrible professional,” . “We played down at Wimbledon and Bosnich was tucking into everything: sandwiches, soups, steaks. He was going through the menu.
“I told him, ‘For Christ’s sake, Mark, we’ve got the weight off you. Why are you tucking into all that stuff?’
“We arrived back in Manchester, and Mark was on mobile phone to a Chinese restaurant to order a takeaway. Is there no end to you? I just couldn’t make an impact on him.”
Ferguson – who had several false starts signing goalkeepers – tried to pull out of a deal to sign Bosnich.
“Mark got off to a real bad start. He turned up for training three hours late. He was overweight,” Ferguson added at a press conference to launch the book. “We had a bad period trying to replace Peter Schmeichel. Goalkeepers are not my strongest point. By the time we got to [Edwin] van der Sar it was a blessing.”
Bozzy, now a highly regarded pundit Down Under, went on Aussie Fox Sports, and then on English radio Talksport, to defend himself, insisting on his ‘right of reply’.
”The fact remains that I was the only player he signed twice at Manchester United. ”In my first season there we won the English Premier League by a record 18 points, which still stands today, and we became the first British team to win the World Club Championship against Palmeiras in Tokyo.”
In addition, Bozzy claims he was only 2 and a half kilos overweight, and feels Fergie’s exagerrated his weight issue.
And hoping Fergie attends the Melbourne Cup (horse-racing), he’s looking forward to ‘seeing him face to face’ to tell him what he thinks.
[gthumb id=”369989″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho shows great agility to dodge linesman during Zorya 0 – Manchester Utd 2 (Video)December 8, 2016
- Paul Scholes & Michael Owen agree Henrikh Mkhitaryan should start v Tottenham (Video)December 8, 2016
- Paul Scholes & Michael Owen tip Manchester United to win Europa League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan reveals his next target after scoring first Man United goal (Video)December 8, 2016
- How Cristiano Ronaldo pranked Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United (video)November 22, 2016
- The Times suggest that Sir Alex Ferguson may go bankrupt due to film schemeNovember 19, 2016
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson to set up a university for managers [Times]November 13, 2016
- Gary Neville reveals secret to Sir Alex Ferguson’s success at Man United [MEN]November 12, 2016