Mario Mandzukic’s agent is in London talking to Chelsea & Arsenal about a move for his Bayern client [Sky Italia]
Rumours broke earlier in the week that Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic could be on his way out the club this summer, and on Thursday night those rumours were backed up by a fresh report from Sky Italia’s inside-man Gianluca Di Marzio.
Di Marzio, known for accurately reporting transfer news, announced that Mandzukic’s agent is heading to London for talks with Chelsea and Arsenal about his client.
With Bayern’s recent transfer of Robert Lewandowski, the upcoming season will pose a tough competitive battle among Munich strikers. In that regard, despite that fact that Mandzukic is currently the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 17 goals in 23 games, it seems that the forward is expendable.
While Bayern executives have repeatedly expressed their interest in keeping Mandzukic, the feeling seems to be that for the right amount in transfer fees, they will not mind letting the Croatian international move to the Premier League.
Di Marzio says the Mandzukic camp are “still trying to understand the intentions of the two EPL clubs”, while Real Madrid are named as other suitors alongside Arsenal and Chelsea.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Bayern Munich boost as Franck Ribery starts running again (Video)
- Xabi Alonso is no longer the king of the long range golazo at Bayern Munich (Video)
- Bayern’s Franz Beckenbauer quotes the Bible to convince Pep Guardiola to not join...
- Pep Guardiola has agreed to take over at Man City next season [El Mundo Deportivo]