- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus is fined €540,000 for driving without a licence [Bild]
- Real Sociedad 2 – Real Oviedo 0: Finnbogason stars for David Moyes’ men [Highlights]
- Jokes! Wealdstone Raider releases “You’ve Got No Fans”; All proceeds go to charity [Video]
- 10 Liverpool outfield players produced 52 passes for Raheem Sterling’s opener v Bournemouth [Video]
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is top of the Man City minutes per goal/assist chart [Graphic]
Mario Gotze’s Twitter account hacked, showers Arsenal flop Chamakh with love
Someone has it in for Mario Gotze, and really likes Marouane Chamakh!
Bayern Munich’s young star Mario Gotze had his Twitter hacked this morning, and apart from the mild inconvenience, it’s fair to say he got off lightly!
With all of the acrimony from his Borussia Dortmund exit, one can easily imagine the source of the hacking; in which case Gotze can feel relieved he didn’t suffer any serious abuse.
Instead, his hackers showered new Crystal Palace signing Marouane Chamakh in love, quirkily declaring him for the Ballon d’Or, and placing the Moroccan ahead of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Tweets have now been deleted, so apart from Chamakh’s ego being given a much needed boost, it really could have been worse for Gotze…
- Updated: August 16, 2013