The Mario Balotelli Copycats Continue: Jonas Hofmann goal celebration (Borussia Dortmund) v Meppen
- July 12, 2012
Introducing copycat number two…
The iconic image of Euro 2012 remains Mario Balotelli’s infamous muscle-flexing goal celebration following his golazo against Germany in the semi-finals.
It took barely three days before Super Mario was mimicked in Japan by Vissel Kobe’s Ken Tokura, and on Wednesday night in Germany a second member joined the Balotelli bandwagon of imitators.
Borussia Dortmund beat Meppen 2-1 in a pre-season friendly, and the match-winning goal was scored by young midfielder Jonas Hofmann.
After dancing his way through the home defence, and finishing with a flicked shot using the outside of his boot, Hofmann become the latest exponent of ‘The Flex’ as he celebrated his goal by standing Hulk-like in the middle of the penalty box.
Watch Jonas Hofmann’s goal & celebration below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”200989″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...