The Mario Balotelli Copycats Continue: Jonas Hofmann goal celebration (Borussia Dortmund) v Meppen
- July 12, 2012
Introducing copycat number two…
The iconic image of Euro 2012 remains Mario Balotelli’s infamous muscle-flexing goal celebration following his golazo against Germany in the semi-finals.
It took barely three days before Super Mario was mimicked in Japan by Vissel Kobe’s Ken Tokura, and on Wednesday night in Germany a second member joined the Balotelli bandwagon of imitators.
Borussia Dortmund beat Meppen 2-1 in a pre-season friendly, and the match-winning goal was scored by young midfielder Jonas Hofmann.
After dancing his way through the home defence, and finishing with a flicked shot using the outside of his boot, Hofmann become the latest exponent of ‘The Flex’ as he celebrated his goal by standing Hulk-like in the middle of the penalty box.
Watch Jonas Hofmann’s goal & celebration below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”200989″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...