- Worst Xmas present! Borussia Dortmund fan gets a toaster which makes Barcelona bread [Pictures]
- Corinthians intensify effort to sign Spurs’ Paulinho, player’s wife being pregnant a factor [Globo]
- Celtic to fend off offers from Arsenal & Liverpool for defender Virgil van Dijk [Scotsman]
- “He is a player of United!” LVG rules out loan move for Adnan Januzaj
- Man United & Arsenal have a great win % on Boxing Day, Aston Villa less so
The Mario Balotelli Copycats Continue: Jonas Hofmann goal celebration (Borussia Dortmund) v Meppen
Introducing copycat number two…
The iconic image of Euro 2012 remains Mario Balotelli’s infamous muscle-flexing goal celebration following his golazo against Germany in the semi-finals.
It took barely three days before Super Mario was mimicked in Japan by Vissel Kobe’s Ken Tokura, and on Wednesday night in Germany a second member joined the Balotelli bandwagon of imitators.
Borussia Dortmund beat Meppen 2-1 in a pre-season friendly, and the match-winning goal was scored by young midfielder Jonas Hofmann.
After dancing his way through the home defence, and finishing with a flicked shot using the outside of his boot, Hofmann become the latest exponent of ‘The Flex’ as he celebrated his goal by standing Hulk-like in the middle of the penalty box.
Watch Jonas Hofmann’s goal & celebration below.
- Updated: July 12, 2012