- Real Madrid close in on €15m Cruzeiro midfielder Lucas Silva, Sami Khedira is off [Marca]
- YouTube channel Trollstation upload video of their Tottenham v Partizan pitch invaders
- Superclasico: River Plate beat Boca Juniors to reach the Copa Sudamericana final [Highlights]
- Pele on Facebook: “I am doing fine”, after he’s moved to a Sao Paolo hospital special care unit
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere blasts the Mirror for saying he’s got the world’s most brittle ankles [Instagram]
The Mario Balotelli Copycats Continue: Jonas Hofmann goal celebration (Borussia Dortmund) v Meppen
Introducing copycat number two…
The iconic image of Euro 2012 remains Mario Balotelli’s infamous muscle-flexing goal celebration following his golazo against Germany in the semi-finals.
It took barely three days before Super Mario was mimicked in Japan by Vissel Kobe’s Ken Tokura, and on Wednesday night in Germany a second member joined the Balotelli bandwagon of imitators.
Borussia Dortmund beat Meppen 2-1 in a pre-season friendly, and the match-winning goal was scored by young midfielder Jonas Hofmann.
After dancing his way through the home defence, and finishing with a flicked shot using the outside of his boot, Hofmann become the latest exponent of ‘The Flex’ as he celebrated his goal by standing Hulk-like in the middle of the penalty box.
Watch Jonas Hofmann’s goal & celebration below.
- Updated: July 12, 2012