The Mario Balotelli Copycats Continue: Jonas Hofmann goal celebration (Borussia Dortmund) v Meppen
- July 12, 2012
Introducing copycat number two…
The iconic image of Euro 2012 remains Mario Balotelli’s infamous muscle-flexing goal celebration following his golazo against Germany in the semi-finals.
It took barely three days before Super Mario was mimicked in Japan by Vissel Kobe’s Ken Tokura, and on Wednesday night in Germany a second member joined the Balotelli bandwagon of imitators.
Borussia Dortmund beat Meppen 2-1 in a pre-season friendly, and the match-winning goal was scored by young midfielder Jonas Hofmann.
After dancing his way through the home defence, and finishing with a flicked shot using the outside of his boot, Hofmann become the latest exponent of ‘The Flex’ as he celebrated his goal by standing Hulk-like in the middle of the penalty box.
Watch Jonas Hofmann’s goal & celebration below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”200989″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi