Marcos Rojo claims to be a Manchester United player on Argentine radio; “Feels like a Dream”
Manchester United appear to have finally landed a new defender, with Marcos Rojo of Sporting CP a welcome addition to a defence short on numbers.
In Louis Van Gaal’s new system, three centre backs need to be deployed and young, inexperienced Tyler Blackett had to start in Man United’s opening day of the season 2-1 home defeat to Swansea.
Manchester United have acted quickly, reportedly splashing out an estimated £20m on versatile Argentine defender Marcos Rojo.
The 24 year old World Cup star was heard on Argentine radio this evening talking about his move to Manchester United.
After apologising this week after acting unprofessionally to push through a move to Old Trafford, Rojo was quoted tonight saying ‘It feels like a dream, to be a Manchester United player. Leaving Sporting wasn’t easy.’
Thanks to Sam Kelly for translating the key quotes from the interview.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester United fans want Fellaini out of the club after Everton cameo (Video)December 4, 2016
- Everton’s Idrissa Gueye’s funny reply when asked about Marouane Fellaini’s foul (Video)December 4, 2016
- Gary Neville blasts ‘idiotic’ Marouane Fellaini for giving away penalty at Everton (Video)December 4, 2016
- Manchester United suffered an epic Twitter Fail with Marouane Fellaini at EvertonDecember 4, 2016
- Great story: How a young fan lost it when he met Cristiano Ronaldo in the mixed zone at SportingNovember 23, 2016
- John O’Shea on the night Alex Ferguson decided to sign Cristiano Ronaldo [ESPN]November 21, 2016
- Fernando Santos has one Cristiano Ronaldo regret from their Sporting CP daysNovember 10, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016