- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Marcos Rojo claims to be a Manchester United player on Argentine radio; “Feels like a Dream”
Manchester United appear to have finally landed a new defender, with Marcos Rojo of Sporting CP a welcome addition to a defence short on numbers.
In Louis Van Gaal’s new system, three centre backs need to be deployed and young, inexperienced Tyler Blackett had to start in Man United’s opening day of the season 2-1 home defeat to Swansea.
Manchester United have acted quickly, reportedly splashing out an estimated £20m on versatile Argentine defender Marcos Rojo.
The 24 year old World Cup star was heard on Argentine radio this evening talking about his move to Manchester United.
After apologising this week after acting unprofessionally to push through a move to Old Trafford, Rojo was quoted tonight saying ‘It feels like a dream, to be a Manchester United player. Leaving Sporting wasn’t easy.’
Thanks to Sam Kelly for translating the key quotes from the interview.
- Updated: August 19, 2014