Marcos Rojo claims to be a Manchester United player on Argentine radio; “Feels like a Dream”
- August 19, 2014
Manchester United appear to have finally landed a new defender, with Marcos Rojo of Sporting CP a welcome addition to a defence short on numbers.
In Louis Van Gaal’s new system, three centre backs need to be deployed and young, inexperienced Tyler Blackett had to start in Man United’s opening day of the season 2-1 home defeat to Swansea.
Manchester United have acted quickly, reportedly splashing out an estimated £20m on versatile Argentine defender Marcos Rojo.
The 24 year old World Cup star was heard on Argentine radio this evening talking about his move to Manchester United.
After apologising this week after acting unprofessionally to push through a move to Old Trafford, Rojo was quoted tonight saying ‘It feels like a dream, to be a Manchester United player. Leaving Sporting wasn’t easy.’
Thanks to Sam Kelly for translating the key quotes from the interview.
- Wayne Rooney glad to get a good reception on Everton return for Duncan Ferguson’s...
- Man United striker Wayne Rooney received awesome welcome at Everton (video)
- “Spineless snake” – Furious Man United fans hit out at PSG bound Ange...
- Rafael appears to confirm his Man United exit to Lyon on Twitter
- Man United legend Roy Keane comes under attack for saying Arsenal have a ‘selfie cultur...
- Man United defender Rafael to have medical at Lyon ahead of a €3m move [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi