Marcos Rojo claims to be a Manchester United player on Argentine radio; “Feels like a Dream”
Manchester United appear to have finally landed a new defender, with Marcos Rojo of Sporting CP a welcome addition to a defence short on numbers.
In Louis Van Gaal’s new system, three centre backs need to be deployed and young, inexperienced Tyler Blackett had to start in Man United’s opening day of the season 2-1 home defeat to Swansea.
Manchester United have acted quickly, reportedly splashing out an estimated £20m on versatile Argentine defender Marcos Rojo.
The 24 year old World Cup star was heard on Argentine radio this evening talking about his move to Manchester United.
After apologising this week after acting unprofessionally to push through a move to Old Trafford, Rojo was quoted tonight saying ‘It feels like a dream, to be a Manchester United player. Leaving Sporting wasn’t easy.’
Thanks to Sam Kelly for translating the key quotes from the interview.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho took time out from first team duty to train Manchester United U14s this weekOctober 28, 2016
- Man United players think Wayne Rooney deserves chance over Zlatan Ibrahimovic [Mail]October 28, 2016
- Patrice Evra reveals that Sir Alex Ferguson didn’t approve of Carlos Tevez friendshipOctober 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho brings up Lionel Messi while praising Man United midfielder (Videos)October 28, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016
- Man United legend Eric Cantona explains why he’s fallen in love with Sporting Clube de PortugalOctober 11, 2016
- Barcelona battle Man United for a Portuguese star [Record]October 5, 2016
- Man United target Gelson Martins sets up Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic in Portugal (Video)October 1, 2016