- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Marco van Ginkel returns to Chelsea training [Instagram picture]
- February 13, 2014
Today was a red letter day for Chelsea’s Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel.
The 21-year-old midfielder, a star for Holland at last summer’s Under-21 European Championships, suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in the Capital One Cup match against Swindon in September.
Van Ginkel’s return is significant for both Chelsea and Holland with there still much to play for in 2014.
The former Vitesse midfielder tagged the image above with the following tag line: “Just had my first training with the youth team. Good feeling!”
Whilst he may be some way off a return to first team action, it would be no surprise to see van Ginkel play a part in the run in for Chelsea who are still in three major competitions.
And, a spot in Louis van Gaal’s Holland World Cup squad should also not be ruled out.