Marco van Ginkel returns to Chelsea training [Instagram picture]
Today was a red letter day for Chelsea’s Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel.
The 21-year-old midfielder, a star for Holland at last summer’s Under-21 European Championships, suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in the Capital One Cup match against Swindon in September.
Van Ginkel’s return is significant for both Chelsea and Holland with there still much to play for in 2014.
The former Vitesse midfielder tagged the image above with the following tag line: “Just had my first training with the youth team. Good feeling!”
Whilst he may be some way off a return to first team action, it would be no surprise to see van Ginkel play a part in the run in for Chelsea who are still in three major competitions.
And, a spot in Louis van Gaal’s Holland World Cup squad should also not be ruled out.
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)
- Chelsea to sign Asmir Begovic for £8m today as Marco van Ginkel heads to Stoke on loan [Guardian]
- Newcastle fight the Black Cats to sign Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on loan [Voetbal Internat...
- Chelsea loanee Marco van Ginkel scores his first goal for AC Milan [Videos]
- Chelsea’s Marco Van Ginkel posts cool then & now photo with AC Milan teammate Nigel De...