Marco van Ginkel returns to Chelsea training [Instagram picture]
Today was a red letter day for Chelsea’s Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel.
The 21-year-old midfielder, a star for Holland at last summer’s Under-21 European Championships, suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in the Capital One Cup match against Swindon in September.
Van Ginkel’s return is significant for both Chelsea and Holland with there still much to play for in 2014.
The former Vitesse midfielder tagged the image above with the following tag line: “Just had my first training with the youth team. Good feeling!”
Whilst he may be some way off a return to first team action, it would be no surprise to see van Ginkel play a part in the run in for Chelsea who are still in three major competitions.
And, a spot in Louis van Gaal’s Holland World Cup squad should also not be ruled out.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea fans turn on Jose Mourinho following his love-in at Man United [Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- The full list of Official Jose Mourinho Merchandise is staggering, and ridiculous [Graphic]May 26th, 2016
- Kurt Zouma updates Chelsea fans with good news [Instragram Video]May 26th, 2016
- Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek bags superb brace in 4-0 England U21 win (Official Highlights)May 26th, 2016
- Chelsea loanee Marco van Ginkel scored a quality free-kick for PSV (Video)May 1st, 2016
- Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel helps PSV win three big points (Official video)April 10th, 2016
- Chelsea loanee Marco van Ginkel scored a free-kick golazo for PSV (Official Video)April 2nd, 2016
- Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on target for PSV (Official Video)February 29th, 2016