Marco van Ginkel returns to Chelsea training [Instagram picture]
- February 13, 2014
Today was a red letter day for Chelsea’s Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel.
The 21-year-old midfielder, a star for Holland at last summer’s Under-21 European Championships, suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in the Capital One Cup match against Swindon in September.
Van Ginkel’s return is significant for both Chelsea and Holland with there still much to play for in 2014.
The former Vitesse midfielder tagged the image above with the following tag line: “Just had my first training with the youth team. Good feeling!”
Whilst he may be some way off a return to first team action, it would be no surprise to see van Ginkel play a part in the run in for Chelsea who are still in three major competitions.
And, a spot in Louis van Gaal’s Holland World Cup squad should also not be ruled out.
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Chelsea YouTuber @feroze17 welcomes Radamel Falcao to the club with classy video
- Diego Costa smashes into people and scores nutmeg during futsal friendly in Kuwait [Video]
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- John Terry puts in comedic performance in new ad for Chelsea HD TV [Video]
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi