Marco van Ginkel returns to Chelsea training [Instagram picture]
Today was a red letter day for Chelsea’s Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel.
The 21-year-old midfielder, a star for Holland at last summer’s Under-21 European Championships, suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in the Capital One Cup match against Swindon in September.
Van Ginkel’s return is significant for both Chelsea and Holland with there still much to play for in 2014.
The former Vitesse midfielder tagged the image above with the following tag line: “Just had my first training with the youth team. Good feeling!”
Whilst he may be some way off a return to first team action, it would be no surprise to see van Ginkel play a part in the run in for Chelsea who are still in three major competitions.
And, a spot in Louis van Gaal’s Holland World Cup squad should also not be ruled out.
Watch Live Stream
- Roman Abramovich gives Chelsea’s Antonio Conte the dreaded vote of confidence [Times]September 27, 2016
- How N’Golo Kante’s game has changed at Chelsea since leaving LeicesterSeptember 26, 2016
- The team Chelsea should be fielding shows why they are in crisis againSeptember 26, 2016
- Rumour: Man United old boy Angel di Maria may be heading to ChelseaSeptember 26, 2016
- Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on his injury setback [Instagram]August 10, 2016
- Bad news for Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel [Telegraaf]August 6, 2016
- Chelsea loanee Marco van Ginkel scored a quality free-kick for PSV (Video)May 1, 2016
- Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel helps PSV win three big points (Official video)April 10, 2016