Marco van Ginkel returns to Chelsea training [Instagram picture]
Today was a red letter day for Chelsea’s Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel.
The 21-year-old midfielder, a star for Holland at last summer’s Under-21 European Championships, suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in the Capital One Cup match against Swindon in September.
Van Ginkel’s return is significant for both Chelsea and Holland with there still much to play for in 2014.
The former Vitesse midfielder tagged the image above with the following tag line: “Just had my first training with the youth team. Good feeling!”
Whilst he may be some way off a return to first team action, it would be no surprise to see van Ginkel play a part in the run in for Chelsea who are still in three major competitions.
And, a spot in Louis van Gaal’s Holland World Cup squad should also not be ruled out.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Arsenal remain interested in James Rodriguez [AS]August 26, 2016
- Chelsea’s official channel destroy a Spurs fan on FacebookAugust 26, 2016
- Chelsea fans react angrily on Twitter to club’s announcement of goalkeeper EduardoAugust 25, 2016
- AC Milan confirm rejection of huge Chelsea offer for Alessio Romagnoli [Official Statement]August 25, 2016
- Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on his injury setback [Instagram]August 10, 2016
- Bad news for Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel [Telegraaf]August 6, 2016
- Chelsea loanee Marco van Ginkel scored a quality free-kick for PSV (Video)May 1, 2016
- Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel helps PSV win three big points (Official video)April 10, 2016