Marco Reus was going to leave Dortmund for Arsenal until ankle injury ruined plans [Metro]
An astonishing story coming from The Metro today, Marco Reus was apparently set to leave Borussia Dortmund for Arsenal up until he suffered a serious injury to his ankle.
The tweet at the bottom of the page from respected Spanish football journalist Kike Marin says that Arsenal could have had Reus for as little as €35 million before he suffered ankle ligament damage.
Although the story initially sounds sensational, the fact that Reus reportedly rejected a new contract at Dortmund adds credibility to the rumour that he wants to depart.
At the time it was thought that the injury only scuppered his World Cup plans but it appears as though it also spoiled a move away.
El #Arsenal estaba muy interesado en Reus y creo que podría haber pagado los €35 millones de su cláusula, pero su lesión lo paró todo.
— Kike Marin** (@Kike_Marin_) July 29, 2014
- Louis van Gaal was ‘amazed’ at how much space Man United gave Arsenal (Video)
- The confusing story about Arsenal’s new £130,000-a-week contract offer to Alexis ...
- Thierry Henry on why he loves Arsenal v Manchester United (Video)
- Sunday Specials! Silly odds for Everton-Liverpool & Arsenal-Man United, Bayern pri...
- Robert Lewandowski v Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Stat comparison before Bayern v Borussi...
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Liverpool, take note: Jurgen Klopp rejected an approach from the Mexican FA
- Dortmund draw at home to Darmstadt, Aubameyang breaks record (Highlights)
- Man United fans laugh at pathetic news reports linking them with Borussia Dortmund̵...
- Man United aim to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus in exchange for Adnan Januz...
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus to miss Germany qualifiers with broken toe [Tweets]
- Man United turned down chance to sign Dortmund’s Marco Reus for £60 million (ESPN)