Marco Reus was going to leave Dortmund for Arsenal until ankle injury ruined plans [Metro]
- July 30, 2014
An astonishing story coming from The Metro today, Marco Reus was apparently set to leave Borussia Dortmund for Arsenal up until he suffered a serious injury to his ankle.
The tweet at the bottom of the page from respected Spanish football journalist Kike Marin says that Arsenal could have had Reus for as little as €35 million before he suffered ankle ligament damage.
Although the story initially sounds sensational, the fact that Reus reportedly rejected a new contract at Dortmund adds credibility to the rumour that he wants to depart.
At the time it was thought that the injury only scuppered his World Cup plans but it appears as though it also spoiled a move away.
El #Arsenal estaba muy interesado en Reus y creo que podría haber pagado los €35 millones de su cláusula, pero su lesión lo paró todo.
— Kike Marin** (@Kike_Marin_) July 29, 2014
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi