Marco Reus was going to leave Dortmund for Arsenal until ankle injury ruined plans [Metro]
- July 30, 2014
An astonishing story coming from The Metro today, Marco Reus was apparently set to leave Borussia Dortmund for Arsenal up until he suffered a serious injury to his ankle.
The tweet at the bottom of the page from respected Spanish football journalist Kike Marin says that Arsenal could have had Reus for as little as €35 million before he suffered ankle ligament damage.
Although the story initially sounds sensational, the fact that Reus reportedly rejected a new contract at Dortmund adds credibility to the rumour that he wants to depart.
At the time it was thought that the injury only scuppered his World Cup plans but it appears as though it also spoiled a move away.
El #Arsenal estaba muy interesado en Reus y creo que podría haber pagado los €35 millones de su cláusula, pero su lesión lo paró todo.
— Kike Marin** (@Kike_Marin_) July 29, 2014
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...