Marco Reus was going to leave Dortmund for Arsenal until ankle injury ruined plans [Metro]
- July 30, 2014
An astonishing story coming from The Metro today, Marco Reus was apparently set to leave Borussia Dortmund for Arsenal up until he suffered a serious injury to his ankle.
The tweet at the bottom of the page from respected Spanish football journalist Kike Marin says that Arsenal could have had Reus for as little as €35 million before he suffered ankle ligament damage.
Although the story initially sounds sensational, the fact that Reus reportedly rejected a new contract at Dortmund adds credibility to the rumour that he wants to depart.
At the time it was thought that the injury only scuppered his World Cup plans but it appears as though it also spoiled a move away.
El #Arsenal estaba muy interesado en Reus y creo que podría haber pagado los €35 millones de su cláusula, pero su lesión lo paró todo.
— Kike Marin** (@Kike_Marin_) July 29, 2014
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Thierry Henry analyses Arsenal’s lack of signings, concedes Gunners will not win ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...