Marco Reus was going to leave Dortmund for Arsenal until ankle injury ruined plans [Metro]
An astonishing story coming from The Metro today, Marco Reus was apparently set to leave Borussia Dortmund for Arsenal up until he suffered a serious injury to his ankle.
The tweet at the bottom of the page from respected Spanish football journalist Kike Marin says that Arsenal could have had Reus for as little as €35 million before he suffered ankle ligament damage.
Although the story initially sounds sensational, the fact that Reus reportedly rejected a new contract at Dortmund adds credibility to the rumour that he wants to depart.
At the time it was thought that the injury only scuppered his World Cup plans but it appears as though it also spoiled a move away.
El #Arsenal estaba muy interesado en Reus y creo que podría haber pagado los €35 millones de su cláusula, pero su lesión lo paró todo.
— Kike Marin** (@Kike_Marin_) July 29, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal have secured Lucas Perez signing and are close to agreeing Shkodran Mustafi deal [BBC]August 25, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Arsenal’s instalments bid of £17m for Lucas Perez rejected by Deportivo [Cadena Ser]August 25, 2016
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund v Mainz: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-27August 20, 2016
- Athletic Bilbao’s Susaeta finishes glorious team goal v Borussia Dortmund (Video)August 9, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-14August 8, 2016
- Germany defender Mats Hummels talks about his ‘homecoming’ at Bayern Munich (Video)August 6, 2016
- FIFA 17 creators got Marco Reus to show off new gameplay at GamesCOM (Video)August 22, 2016
- Shinji Kagawa on how he helped Marco Reus feature on the global cover of FIFA 17 (Video)July 23, 2016
- Confirmed: Marco Reus beats Man United & Chelsea stars to front cover of FIFA 17July 21, 2016
- Bromance: A happy Marco Reus welcomes Mario Gotze back to Dortmund on TwitterJuly 21, 2016