- Arsenal injury list piles up as club have nine players sidelined [Graphic]
- Back Chelsea at a massive 9/2 to beat Sunderland on Saturday!
- Full Time DEVILS predict the Manchester United starting line-up against Hull [Video]
- Wigan owner Dave Whelan charged by FA over antisemitic and racist remarks
- Class! Valencia prepare for Barcelona match with keepy-uppie rondo game in training [Video]
Marca say Arsenal & Liverpool target David Villa accepts he will be leaving Barcelona
Spain and Barcelona striker David Villa looks to be one of the most popular names during the January 2013 transfer window and Marca claim the serial goal scorer could be on his way to the Premier League.
Both Arsenal and Liverpool, along with Chelsea, have already been linked with David Villa who has struggled for playing time under Tito Vilanova this season.
Marca say this morning that Villa has already accepted his playing days at Barcelona are coming to an end and the three most likely clubs to sign him are Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus.
Barcelona are keen to hold on to Villa for the rest of the season as a back up, which has been confirmed by the fact that Isaac Cuenca has been put up for a loan move from the Nou Camp.
An injury to any of Barcelona’s first choice forwards, such as Lionel Messi, Pedro or Alexis Sanchez would see Villa come in to the side.
The Catalan giants will not put Villa on the transfer market and Barcelona will only sell if he demands a transfer. Marca add that Villa will likely leave in the summer if he sees out the season at the Nou Camp.
Arsenal were linked with David Villa in December as Arsene Wenger is thought to be in the market for an experienced striker.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is also reportedly keen, but Villa’s wage demands may be beyond the Merseyside giants who only yesterday signed Daniel Sturridge.
All of David Villa’s goals in 2012/2013 so far, can be seen below.
- Updated: January 3, 2013