Marca say Arsenal & Liverpool target David Villa accepts he will be leaving Barcelona
- January 3, 2013
Spain and Barcelona striker David Villa looks to be one of the most popular names during the January 2013 transfer window and Marca claim the serial goal scorer could be on his way to the Premier League.
Both Arsenal and Liverpool, along with Chelsea, have already been linked with David Villa who has struggled for playing time under Tito Vilanova this season.
Marca say this morning that Villa has already accepted his playing days at Barcelona are coming to an end and the three most likely clubs to sign him are Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus.
Barcelona are keen to hold on to Villa for the rest of the season as a back up, which has been confirmed by the fact that Isaac Cuenca has been put up for a loan move from the Nou Camp.
An injury to any of Barcelona’s first choice forwards, such as Lionel Messi, Pedro or Alexis Sanchez would see Villa come in to the side.
The Catalan giants will not put Villa on the transfer market and Barcelona will only sell if he demands a transfer. Marca add that Villa will likely leave in the summer if he sees out the season at the Nou Camp.
Arsenal were linked with David Villa in December as Arsene Wenger is thought to be in the market for an experienced striker.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is also reportedly keen, but Villa’s wage demands may be beyond the Merseyside giants who only yesterday signed Daniel Sturridge.
All of David Villa’s goals in 2012/2013 so far, can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...