Marca report that Liverpool will also sign Alberto Moreno within a matter of hours
Hot on the heels of Liverpool’s confirmed signing of Rickie Lambert from Southampton, Spanish website Marca have confirmed that Brendan Rodgers is also closing in on the signing of Sevilla left back Alberto Moreno.
The Sevilla-based press were reporting on Sunday that Moreno would be joining after Liverpool upped their interest after the full back was left out of Spain’s World Cup squad on Saturday.
Marca report that “almost everything is agreed” on the transfer of Moreno from Sevilla to Liverpool.
The Madrid-based website originally reported that Liverpool had made an offer of 16.2 million euros and a year’s loan of Suso now they confirm the deal is a straight cash transfer worth 22 million euros.
There are also additional payment bonuses included depending on objectives reached, for both the player and Liverpool. Speculation in Sevilla suggests the deal could rise to 25 million euros.
Marca add that the deal could becoming official “within hours” and that the only thing left is for both sides to announce it.
Moreno has fully agreed to join Liverpool and “there are no obstacles to the sale.”
Watch Live Stream
- All of Jordan Henderson’s mistakes for Liverpool v Burton Albion (Video)August 24, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Mario Balotelli tipped to leave Liverpool to move to Ligue 1 [France Football]August 24, 2016
- Individual highlights of Sadio Mane’s stunning performance for Liverpool v Burton (Video)August 24, 2016
- 10 goal thriller: Sevilla beat Espanyol 6-4 (Official video)August 21, 2016
- Barcelona’s Jordi Alba filmed betting Pique €20 that Claudio Bravo would save penalty v Sevilla (Video)August 19, 2016
- Barcelona secure Spanish Super Cup with 3-0 2nd leg win over Sevilla (Videos)August 18, 2016
- Joe Hart may join Everton or Sevilla on loan [BBC]August 17, 2016