Marca report that Liverpool will also sign Alberto Moreno within a matter of hours
- June 2, 2014
Hot on the heels of Liverpool’s confirmed signing of Rickie Lambert from Southampton, Spanish website Marca have confirmed that Brendan Rodgers is also closing in on the signing of Sevilla left back Alberto Moreno.
The Sevilla-based press were reporting on Sunday that Moreno would be joining after Liverpool upped their interest after the full back was left out of Spain’s World Cup squad on Saturday.
Marca report that “almost everything is agreed” on the transfer of Moreno from Sevilla to Liverpool.
The Madrid-based website originally reported that Liverpool had made an offer of 16.2 million euros and a year’s loan of Suso now they confirm the deal is a straight cash transfer worth 22 million euros.
There are also additional payment bonuses included depending on objectives reached, for both the player and Liverpool. Speculation in Sevilla suggests the deal could rise to 25 million euros.
Marca add that the deal could becoming official “within hours” and that the only thing left is for both sides to announce it.
Moreno has fully agreed to join Liverpool and “there are no obstacles to the sale.”
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard gave a half-time speech at LA Galaxy [video]
- Liverpool lead the race for Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko [L’Equipe]
- Man City may spend almost £100m on Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling & Kevin De Br...
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard unveiled at LA Galaxy during HT of Toronto rout [video]
- Internacional have sold Brazilian midfielder Allan to Liverpool for £500,000 [UOL Esporte]
- All 13 Steven Gerrard goals during final season for Liverpool [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi