Marca: Real Madrid offer Spurs £85m (over 4 years) or £100m (over 6) for Gareth Bale
Guess who is on the front cover of Marca this Friday morning?!
Madrid-based daily Marca, often described as the mouth piece of Real Madrid, believe a deal between Real Madrid and Spurs is close over Gareth Bale.
They suggest Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy does not want to prolong the saga any longer as it has become uncomfortable for the players and coach Andre Villas-Boas.
Levy has, according to Marca, accepted Bale will leave White Hart Lane and is now simply negotiating over how to receive the world record fee.
Real Madrid’s original offer was for 85 million pounds (97.8 million euros) to be paid over four years. Levy wants this in one go on completion of Bale’s transfer.
Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid president, is willing to raise their offer to 100 million pounds (117 million euros) to be paid in six instalments.
Just as they did with Luka Modric, and in a way that is common in football transfers, Real Madrid hope to pay in as many instalments as possible. They did however sign Cristiano Ronaldo in one payment, which is what Daniel Levy is hoping to achieve with the Bale transfer.
If Levy wants the full payment in cash, he will have to lower his demand from 85 million pounds, say Marca.
Intriguingly, Guillem Balague in AS on Friday morning suggests Levy is simply waiting on Real Madrid’s next offer and is happy to drag the deal out until the last day of the transfer window on September 2, 2013.
Balague adds that Tottenham’s position is clear: Gareth Bale will only leave for a fee of 120 million euros.
Watch Live Stream
- Carlo Ancelotti reveals how Gareth Bale’s agent went behind his back at Real Madrid [Quotes]May 17th, 2016
- Real Madrid President to lobby for Gareth Bale to win Ballon D’Or over Cristiano Ronaldo [S...May 6th, 2016
- Gareth Bale showed he has two good feet firing Real Madrid ahead v Man City (Official Video)May 4th, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s bald patch exposed by rain at Real SociedadApril 30th, 2016
- Head in hands – Cristiano Ronaldo gets injured in Real Madrid training (Full Video)May 24th, 2016
- Awful news: Cristiano Ronaldo limped out of Real Madrid training today (Video & Tweets)May 24th, 2016
- Gerard Pique fired shots at the Madrid media outlets in Barcelona’s double celebrationsMay 24th, 2016
- Man United’s £29m bid for Raphael Varane rejected by Real Madrid [Corriere dello Sport]May 23rd, 2016
- LVG was trying to sign Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen before Man United sacked him [PA]May 24th, 2016
- Spurs have a verbal agreement to sign Sao Paulo striker Jonathan Calleri, claims dad [Yahoo Brasil]May 23rd, 2016
- Tottenham’s Danny Rose seemed to have an accident in his shorts v TurkeyMay 22nd, 2016
- Tottenham’s Dele Alli produces nutmeg assist for Harry Kane to make it 1-0 England (Video)May 22nd, 2016