Marca: Real Madrid offer Spurs £85m (over 4 years) or £100m (over 6) for Gareth Bale
- August 16, 2013
Guess who is on the front cover of Marca this Friday morning?!
Madrid-based daily Marca, often described as the mouth piece of Real Madrid, believe a deal between Real Madrid and Spurs is close over Gareth Bale.
They suggest Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy does not want to prolong the saga any longer as it has become uncomfortable for the players and coach Andre Villas-Boas.
Levy has, according to Marca, accepted Bale will leave White Hart Lane and is now simply negotiating over how to receive the world record fee.
Real Madrid’s original offer was for 85 million pounds (97.8 million euros) to be paid over four years. Levy wants this in one go on completion of Bale’s transfer.
Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid president, is willing to raise their offer to 100 million pounds (117 million euros) to be paid in six instalments.
Just as they did with Luka Modric, and in a way that is common in football transfers, Real Madrid hope to pay in as many instalments as possible. They did however sign Cristiano Ronaldo in one payment, which is what Daniel Levy is hoping to achieve with the Bale transfer.
If Levy wants the full payment in cash, he will have to lower his demand from 85 million pounds, say Marca.
Intriguingly, Guillem Balague in AS on Friday morning suggests Levy is simply waiting on Real Madrid’s next offer and is happy to drag the deal out until the last day of the transfer window on September 2, 2013.
Balague adds that Tottenham’s position is clear: Gareth Bale will only leave for a fee of 120 million euros.
- Man United are still chasing Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Express]
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- BT Sport try to convince Bale and The Ox to change squad numbers in new UCL advert (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo was angry about Gareth Bale again, during Roma defeat [video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo & Gareth Bale score with Aussie Rules ball on Real Madrid’...
- Benitez avoids labelling Cristiano Ronaldo as The Best in the World, puts Bale in the s...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi