Marca: Real Madrid offer Spurs £85m (over 4 years) or £100m (over 6) for Gareth Bale
Guess who is on the front cover of Marca this Friday morning?!
Madrid-based daily Marca, often described as the mouth piece of Real Madrid, believe a deal between Real Madrid and Spurs is close over Gareth Bale.
They suggest Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy does not want to prolong the saga any longer as it has become uncomfortable for the players and coach Andre Villas-Boas.
Levy has, according to Marca, accepted Bale will leave White Hart Lane and is now simply negotiating over how to receive the world record fee.
Real Madrid’s original offer was for 85 million pounds (97.8 million euros) to be paid over four years. Levy wants this in one go on completion of Bale’s transfer.
Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid president, is willing to raise their offer to 100 million pounds (117 million euros) to be paid in six instalments.
Just as they did with Luka Modric, and in a way that is common in football transfers, Real Madrid hope to pay in as many instalments as possible. They did however sign Cristiano Ronaldo in one payment, which is what Daniel Levy is hoping to achieve with the Bale transfer.
If Levy wants the full payment in cash, he will have to lower his demand from 85 million pounds, say Marca.
Intriguingly, Guillem Balague in AS on Friday morning suggests Levy is simply waiting on Real Madrid’s next offer and is happy to drag the deal out until the last day of the transfer window on September 2, 2013.
Balague adds that Tottenham’s position is clear: Gareth Bale will only leave for a fee of 120 million euros.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale names the player who trains the best at Real Madrid – and no, it’s not Ronaldo (Video)October 14, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s new Real Madrid contact will include an astronomical release clause [Cadena Ser]October 13, 2016
- The Wales team photo prank got even more ridiculous pre Georgia gameOctober 9, 2016
- Gareth Bale tries and fails to play dumb over Wales’ prank team pictures (Video)October 8, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo offends Buddhists on social mediaOctober 20, 2016
- Shocking footage emerges of clashes between Legia Ultras and Madrid police (Videos)October 19, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016