Marca: Real Madrid offer Spurs £85m (over 4 years) or £100m (over 6) for Gareth Bale
Guess who is on the front cover of Marca this Friday morning?!
Madrid-based daily Marca, often described as the mouth piece of Real Madrid, believe a deal between Real Madrid and Spurs is close over Gareth Bale.
They suggest Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy does not want to prolong the saga any longer as it has become uncomfortable for the players and coach Andre Villas-Boas.
Levy has, according to Marca, accepted Bale will leave White Hart Lane and is now simply negotiating over how to receive the world record fee.
Real Madrid’s original offer was for 85 million pounds (97.8 million euros) to be paid over four years. Levy wants this in one go on completion of Bale’s transfer.
Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid president, is willing to raise their offer to 100 million pounds (117 million euros) to be paid in six instalments.
Just as they did with Luka Modric, and in a way that is common in football transfers, Real Madrid hope to pay in as many instalments as possible. They did however sign Cristiano Ronaldo in one payment, which is what Daniel Levy is hoping to achieve with the Bale transfer.
If Levy wants the full payment in cash, he will have to lower his demand from 85 million pounds, say Marca.
Intriguingly, Guillem Balague in AS on Friday morning suggests Levy is simply waiting on Real Madrid’s next offer and is happy to drag the deal out until the last day of the transfer window on September 2, 2013.
Balague adds that Tottenham’s position is clear: Gareth Bale will only leave for a fee of 120 million euros.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo took on Real Madrid haters in the Dortmund game (Video)December 8, 2016
- Aubameyang delivers bad news to Borussia Dortmund after the Real Madrid game (Video)December 8, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals his career plans after football to FourFourTwoDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal & Spurs stars nominated for the UCL player of the week awardDecember 8, 2016
- Willian explains why he didn’t join Tottenham, Chelsea fans love it (video)December 8, 2016
- All the possible Europa League opponents for SpursDecember 8, 2016
- West Ham beat Spurs to sign Murat Saglam [Times]December 8, 2016