Marca: Real Madrid believe Daniel Levy will drag out Gareth Bale saga until late August
For once, Gareth Bale does not feature on the front cover of Madrid-based daily Marca, but the lead story on their website this Friday morning does concern the Spurs forward.
On Thursday, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez told ESPN that “£100 million seems a lot to me” to sign Gareth Bale.
Meanwhile, a report in the Daily Telegraph on Friday confirms talks have broken down between Real Madrid and Spurs with the north London side unsure whether Los Blancos can afford a world record fee.
Marca however spin it differently. They claim that although talks between Perez and Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy in Miami failed to produce a result, Real Madrid are still confident of signing Bale before the end of the transfer window.
Florentino Perez is still sure that he will bag Bale but now believe Levy will drag out negotiations until late in August.
Bale is still determined to leave and has not played for Spurs in recent pre-season matches, citing buttock and foot injuries.
All eyes will be on Tottenham’s friendly with Espanyol on Saturday to see whether Bale makes an appearance at White Hart Lane.
This transfer saga would appear to have quite a few weeks left…
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Barcelona nearly signed Cristiano Ronaldo before his Real Madrid move [Daily Mail]December 2, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane on three-man shortlist for FIFA men’s Coach of the Year awardDecember 2, 2016
- Mesut Ozil gives Marca license to big up his Real Madrid returnDecember 2, 2016
- Barcelona v Real Madrid: Watch The top 10 goals scored in El Clasico history (videos)December 2, 2016
- Massive fitness boost for Tottenham Hotspur as Alderweireld pictured trainingDecember 2, 2016
- Eljero Elia warned Man United flop Memphis to use Spurs as ‘stepping stone’December 2, 2016
- Done deal: Harry Kane agrees a mega new Tottenham contract with record wages (Video)December 1, 2016
- Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez makes fun of Tottenham over last season’s collapse (Video)November 30, 2016