- Gary Neville on footballing ability of Sky pundit & Arsenal legend Thierry Henry [Video]
- David Moyes considering bring Liverpool’s Emre Can on loan to Real Sociedad [AS]
- Theo Zidane (Zinedine’s 3rd son) scores cracking goal for Real Madrid v Espanyol
- Tottenham v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Alexis Sanchez for player of the season so far?! [Graphic]
Marca: Real Madrid believe Daniel Levy will drag out Gareth Bale saga until late August
For once, Gareth Bale does not feature on the front cover of Madrid-based daily Marca, but the lead story on their website this Friday morning does concern the Spurs forward.
On Thursday, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez told ESPN that “£100 million seems a lot to me” to sign Gareth Bale.
Meanwhile, a report in the Daily Telegraph on Friday confirms talks have broken down between Real Madrid and Spurs with the north London side unsure whether Los Blancos can afford a world record fee.
Marca however spin it differently. They claim that although talks between Perez and Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy in Miami failed to produce a result, Real Madrid are still confident of signing Bale before the end of the transfer window.
Florentino Perez is still sure that he will bag Bale but now believe Levy will drag out negotiations until late in August.
Bale is still determined to leave and has not played for Spurs in recent pre-season matches, citing buttock and foot injuries.
All eyes will be on Tottenham’s friendly with Espanyol on Saturday to see whether Bale makes an appearance at White Hart Lane.
This transfer saga would appear to have quite a few weeks left…
- Updated: August 9, 2013