Marca: Real Madrid believe Daniel Levy will drag out Gareth Bale saga until late August
- August 9, 2013
For once, Gareth Bale does not feature on the front cover of Madrid-based daily Marca, but the lead story on their website this Friday morning does concern the Spurs forward.
On Thursday, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez told ESPN that “£100 million seems a lot to me” to sign Gareth Bale.
Meanwhile, a report in the Daily Telegraph on Friday confirms talks have broken down between Real Madrid and Spurs with the north London side unsure whether Los Blancos can afford a world record fee.
Marca however spin it differently. They claim that although talks between Perez and Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy in Miami failed to produce a result, Real Madrid are still confident of signing Bale before the end of the transfer window.
Florentino Perez is still sure that he will bag Bale but now believe Levy will drag out negotiations until late in August.
Bale is still determined to leave and has not played for Spurs in recent pre-season matches, citing buttock and foot injuries.
All eyes will be on Tottenham’s friendly with Espanyol on Saturday to see whether Bale makes an appearance at White Hart Lane.
This transfer saga would appear to have quite a few weeks left…
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...