- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Marca: Mesut Ozil agreed terms with Arsenal on Saturday; €50m deal imminent
Arsenal fans should get very excited if they believe a report in Marca this Monday morning!
The Madrid-based daily report that Arsenal’s move for Mesut Ozil will take place today for a fee of 45 million euros plus 5 million in incentives.
Marca claim Arsenal agreed personal terms with Ozil on Saturday with Real Madrid willing to let the German playmaker leave after the mega signing of Gareth Bale.
Real Madrid still have to agree to terms with Arsenal but are expected to as Carlo Ancelotti has given the green light to the move.
Whilst Real Madrid are surprised Ozil wants to leave, Ancelotti has decided he would prefer to hold on to Angel Di Maria rather than the former Werder Bremen schemer.
Only last week Ozil said he was keen to stay at the Bernabeu with Real Madrid now surprised he wants to leave and Marca describe it as the “magician has pulled off his final trick… to disappear to Arsenal.”
Finally, Marca add that Real Madrid will be without a number 10.
- Updated: September 2, 2013