Marca: Mesut Ozil agreed terms with Arsenal on Saturday; €50m deal imminent
- September 2, 2013
Arsenal fans should get very excited if they believe a report in Marca this Monday morning!
The Madrid-based daily report that Arsenal’s move for Mesut Ozil will take place today for a fee of 45 million euros plus 5 million in incentives.
Marca claim Arsenal agreed personal terms with Ozil on Saturday with Real Madrid willing to let the German playmaker leave after the mega signing of Gareth Bale.
Real Madrid still have to agree to terms with Arsenal but are expected to as Carlo Ancelotti has given the green light to the move.
Whilst Real Madrid are surprised Ozil wants to leave, Ancelotti has decided he would prefer to hold on to Angel Di Maria rather than the former Werder Bremen schemer.
Only last week Ozil said he was keen to stay at the Bernabeu with Real Madrid now surprised he wants to leave and Marca describe it as the “magician has pulled off his final trick… to disappear to Arsenal.”
Finally, Marca add that Real Madrid will be without a number 10.
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright trolled ex Spurs owner at Piers Morgan’s birthday party...
- Arsenal & Man United linked to Karim Benzema as Cristiano Ronaldo is set to play t...
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi