Marca: Manchester United on verge of signing Ezequiel Garay, to replace Rio Ferdinand
- January 23, 2013
Marca splash with some transfer news today: Manchester United have all but signed Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay.
Sir Alex Ferguson has been scouting the Argentine central defender for some time and Manchester United are on the verge of agreeing a deal to sign Garay who has been earmarked as a replacement for Rio Ferdinand.
Benfica are holding out for 30 million euros with Manchester United’s initial offer coming in at 15 million. The negotiations between the clubs are however, according to Marca, the only current stumbling block on this deal.
Negotiations between Benfica and Manchester United are ongoing and reports in Portugal, from the likes of O Jogo, confirm that a deal is very likely.
The 26-year-old defender has impressed at Benfica over the past couple of seasons after spells at Racing Santander and Real Madrid after leaving Newell’s Old Boys.
Garay scored against Celtic in the Champions League in November – video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...