- Luke Shaw’s injury worse than 1st thought, he maybe out for Man United for 6 weeks [Telegraph]
- Real Madrid close in on €15m Cruzeiro midfielder Lucas Silva, Sami Khedira is off [Marca]
- YouTube channel Trollstation upload video of their Tottenham v Partizan pitch invaders
- Superclasico: River Plate beat Boca Juniors to reach the Copa Sudamericana final [Highlights]
- Pele on Facebook: “I am doing fine”, after he’s moved to a Sao Paolo hospital special care unit
Marca: Manchester United on verge of signing Ezequiel Garay, to replace Rio Ferdinand
Marca splash with some transfer news today: Manchester United have all but signed Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay.
Sir Alex Ferguson has been scouting the Argentine central defender for some time and Manchester United are on the verge of agreeing a deal to sign Garay who has been earmarked as a replacement for Rio Ferdinand.
Benfica are holding out for 30 million euros with Manchester United’s initial offer coming in at 15 million. The negotiations between the clubs are however, according to Marca, the only current stumbling block on this deal.
Negotiations between Benfica and Manchester United are ongoing and reports in Portugal, from the likes of O Jogo, confirm that a deal is very likely.
The 26-year-old defender has impressed at Benfica over the past couple of seasons after spells at Racing Santander and Real Madrid after leaving Newell’s Old Boys.
Garay scored against Celtic in the Champions League in November – video below.
- Updated: January 23, 2013