Marca: Liverpool have signed Javier Manquillo on a two-year loan deal
- July 23, 2014
There have been plenty of rumours over the past couple of days – on Wednesday morning, Madrid-based paper Marca confirm that Atletico Madrid defender Javier Manquillo is joining Liverpool on loan.”
The 20-year-old right back had been of interest to Arsenal but it appears Liverpool have beaten off competition from their Premier League rivals.
Marca confirm that Manquillo has signed a two-year loan deal at Liverpool and have an option to buy the player for six million euros.
Atletico were concerned that Manquillo would get little playing time with Juanfran the preferred choice for coach Diego Simeone on the right side of defence.
They feel Manquillo needs minutes on the pitch to improve and are hopeful he will get playing time at Anfield, despite the presence of Glen Johnson.
Marca confirm that the deal for Manquillo is a “matter of hours” now and is likely to be announced by the two clubs today.
- Arda Turan’s agent says midfielder will decide new club in the next four days
- Man United & Chelsea target Arda Turan personally confirms talks with 3-4 clubs [T...
- Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka spotted in Madrid, tipped to sign for Atletico [Mundo D...
- Jackson Martinez confirms he’s leaving Porto for Atletico Madrid in €35m deal
- Chelsea target Arda Turan wants to leave Atletico Madrid cos Simeone makes them run so ...
- The top ten Antoine Griezmann goals from the 2014-15 La Liga season [Official Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi