- Arsenal fans sing “Lukas Podolski we want you to stay” at Upton Park [Video]
- Luis Suarez interviewed about life at Barcelona & discusses Neymar and Leo Messi [Video]
- Manchester United’s Louis van Gaal still believes United can win title [Video]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas has a history of leading the PL assists chart at the halfway stage [Graphic]
- Ashley Barnes (Burnley) thumping equaliser v Man City from behind the goal [Video]
Marca: Liverpool have signed Javier Manquillo on a two-year loan deal
There have been plenty of rumours over the past couple of days – on Wednesday morning, Madrid-based paper Marca confirm that Atletico Madrid defender Javier Manquillo is joining Liverpool on loan.”
The 20-year-old right back had been of interest to Arsenal but it appears Liverpool have beaten off competition from their Premier League rivals.
Marca confirm that Manquillo has signed a two-year loan deal at Liverpool and have an option to buy the player for six million euros.
Atletico were concerned that Manquillo would get little playing time with Juanfran the preferred choice for coach Diego Simeone on the right side of defence.
They feel Manquillo needs minutes on the pitch to improve and are hopeful he will get playing time at Anfield, despite the presence of Glen Johnson.
Marca confirm that the deal for Manquillo is a “matter of hours” now and is likely to be announced by the two clubs today.
- Updated: July 23, 2014