Marca: Liverpool have signed Javier Manquillo on a two-year loan deal
There have been plenty of rumours over the past couple of days – on Wednesday morning, Madrid-based paper Marca confirm that Atletico Madrid defender Javier Manquillo is joining Liverpool on loan.”
The 20-year-old right back had been of interest to Arsenal but it appears Liverpool have beaten off competition from their Premier League rivals.
Marca confirm that Manquillo has signed a two-year loan deal at Liverpool and have an option to buy the player for six million euros.
Atletico were concerned that Manquillo would get little playing time with Juanfran the preferred choice for coach Diego Simeone on the right side of defence.
They feel Manquillo needs minutes on the pitch to improve and are hopeful he will get playing time at Anfield, despite the presence of Glen Johnson.
Marca confirm that the deal for Manquillo is a “matter of hours” now and is likely to be announced by the two clubs today.
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo Jr is a big fan of… Antoine GriezmannDecember 5, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United fans get excited as Antoine Griezmann produces another transfer hint [Telefoot]November 27, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool pair Lucas & Mignolet post pictures from Barcelona CL matchDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool’s Loris Karius is actually outperforming Man United’s David De GeaDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016