Marca: Liverpool have signed Javier Manquillo on a two-year loan deal
There have been plenty of rumours over the past couple of days – on Wednesday morning, Madrid-based paper Marca confirm that Atletico Madrid defender Javier Manquillo is joining Liverpool on loan.”
The 20-year-old right back had been of interest to Arsenal but it appears Liverpool have beaten off competition from their Premier League rivals.
Marca confirm that Manquillo has signed a two-year loan deal at Liverpool and have an option to buy the player for six million euros.
Atletico were concerned that Manquillo would get little playing time with Juanfran the preferred choice for coach Diego Simeone on the right side of defence.
They feel Manquillo needs minutes on the pitch to improve and are hopeful he will get playing time at Anfield, despite the presence of Glen Johnson.
Marca confirm that the deal for Manquillo is a “matter of hours” now and is likely to be announced by the two clubs today.
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico forward Antoine Griezmann has been practising his English [Instagram]September 30, 2016
- Man United have been offered Atletico Madrid midfielder Bernard Mensah by his agent [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Luis Suarez left the boot in on Filipe Luiz, accused him of diving and called him a clown (Video)September 22, 2016
- Mascherano slip proves costly for Barcelona in Atletico draw (Official highlights video)September 22, 2016
- EA Sports FIFA 17 snub Liverpool completely, double down on Everton [Instagram]September 30, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola explained to Nice why they shouldn’t sign Mario Balotelli from LiverpoolSeptember 29, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016