- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Marca: Gareth Bale to meet with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy tomorrow
For the umpteenth time this summer, Gareth Bale is on the front cover of Marca this Wednesday morning.
Besides a raft of quotes from Wales boss Chris Coleman who describes Bale as a super player who will adapt to Madrid with no problem, they also claim a significant meeting will take place on Thursday.
Bale is set to meet with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, according to Marca – with strong suggestions that the Welsh forward will attempt to force his move to Real Madrid.
Fellow Madrid-based paper AS report today that Bale is expecting another huge offer for his services to be submitted by Real Madrid to Tottenham this week.
The original offer of 98 million euros (or 120 million euros including Fabio Coentrao) was rejected by Tottenham and Real Madrid will have to significantly increase the deal.
Earlier this week, there were suggestions in the English press that Real Madrid had cooled their interest with Spurs unsure whether they could afford the mammoth, world record fee for Bale.
Marca’s front page is below.
- Updated: August 14, 2013