Marca & AS both claim Gareth Bale’s mega transfer to Real Madrid is just hours away
- July 29, 2013
The front of both Madrid-based papers, Marca and AS, are in agreement this Monday morning: The transfer of Gareth Bale from Tottenham to Real Madrid is now “just hours away.”
Real Madrid are now hopeful of securing a deal for Bale and hope he will be able to join up with the squad for their trip to Los Angeles.
The Spanish giants set off for their pre-season matches in America yesterday.
Not for the first time, Marca suggest Bale is desperate to move to Real Madrid.
As a result he refused to be part of the Tottenham squad that took part in the recent friendly tournament in Hong Kong and was not put forward for any promotional activity.
AS repeat much of what is being said in England, such as Daniel Levy has taken over talks with Bale and that SkyBet have suspended their betting on Bale leaving Tottenham.
The Spanish reports are now corresponding with much that is being written in the English press on Monday.
In the Daily Mail, Neil Ashton claims Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has cut short his summer holiday for crisis talks with Bale.
Although the Daily Mirror have a slightly different take on events, suggesting Levy is refusing to speak with Bale or his advisors.
With Real Madrid’s initial bid understood to have included Mesut Ozil and Fabio Coentrao it looks like there may be plenty of negotiating to do.
That is, if Bale can convince Levy to let him leave White Hart Lane…
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]