Manchester United youngsters Angelo Henriquez and Guillermo Varela impress in U20 World Cup Quarters
- July 7, 2013
The FIFA U20 World Cup is now reaching the final matches as our four Semi-finalists have been decided: Iraq, Uruguay, France and Ghana.
The tournament has given viewers a great chance to see what their club’s youngsters can do on a big stage.
In the Quater-finals Manchester United fans could probably be seen gloating about the potential of their young Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez and their new Uruguayan full back Guillermo Varela.
Chile were knocked out after a thrilling 4-3 extra time defeat to Ghana. Henriquez netted twice, his first a perfect example of how to be a top class striker.
His first touch was exquisite, before he managed to get the ball out of his feet to blast in a wonderful goal. He later headed in a second.
Guillermo Varela put in a faultless full back display as Uruguay beat favourites Spain 1-0. The United summer acquisition helped keep the Spanish starlets quiet, whilst also making an impact offensively.
Check out Angelo Henriquez’s goals below as well as Guillermo Varela’s individual highlights:
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]