Manchesters United & City will offer Porto £65m for Mangala & Otamendi [Star on Sunday]
- November 2, 2013
Paul Hetherington has a bombastic article on the backpage of the Star on Sunday claiming a mega-money bids from Manchesters United and City for two Porto players.
According to the tabloid hack, David Moyes and Manuel Pellegrini are ready to splash out £65m on Porto’s centre-backs Eliaquim Mangala and Nicolás Otamendi.
Otamendi, an Argentinian international who has a contract at Porto until 2015, is said to be available for £25m, while French international Mangala is far pricier at £40m.
Mangala, 22, is said to have a 50 million euros of his termination clause in his contract; a clause which has so far seemed to detered Man City from signing the player are the Citizens were heavily linked to the defender in the summer.
Chelsea have also been linked to Mangala with any deal materialising.
A copy of the article in the Star is below.
- Manchester City contradict Manuel Pellegrini by selling Marcos Lopes to Monaco
- Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini remains tight-lipped on Kevin De Bruyne deal (Video)
- Peter Schmeichel’s priceless reaction to being told he has affinity with Manchest...
- Rio Ferdinand: Man City, more than Chelsea, seem primed for a good season in the Champi...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Done Deal: Man City sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg for a fee of at least €80m [Bild]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...