Manchesters United & City will offer Porto £65m for Mangala & Otamendi [Star on Sunday]
Paul Hetherington has a bombastic article on the backpage of the Star on Sunday claiming a mega-money bids from Manchesters United and City for two Porto players.
According to the tabloid hack, David Moyes and Manuel Pellegrini are ready to splash out £65m on Porto’s centre-backs Eliaquim Mangala and Nicolás Otamendi.
Otamendi, an Argentinian international who has a contract at Porto until 2015, is said to be available for £25m, while French international Mangala is far pricier at £40m.
Mangala, 22, is said to have a 50 million euros of his termination clause in his contract; a clause which has so far seemed to detered Man City from signing the player are the Citizens were heavily linked to the defender in the summer.
Chelsea have also been linked to Mangala with any deal materialising.
A copy of the article in the Star is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester v Man City: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 9, 2016
- Man City table pong challenge: Gael Clichy v Fabian Delph (video)December 7, 2016
- Celtic fan gets arrested in Manchester for one of the stupidest ever reasonsDecember 7, 2016
- Who is Phil Foden? Man City name 16-year-old in UCL squad vs CelticDecember 6, 2016
- Who Spurs and Man United could face in the Europa League last 32December 9, 2016
- Zorya fans stole Man United flags and banners during half-time break (Video)December 9, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s brilliant gesture in Zorya when the cameras weren’t lookingDecember 9, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic makes fun of a journalist’s question after the Zorya game (Video)December 9, 2016
- Iker Casillas is back to his best as he takes a Champions League record away from XaviDecember 8, 2016
- Man United keen on €60m Porto striker Andre Silva [Daily Record]November 15, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016