- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers blasts “nasty” Diego Costa & says Liverpool deserved to beat Chelsea [Video]
Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley closes his Twitter account after abuse
Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley has closed his Twitter account after receiving too much abuse on the social network.
The news comes the day after the Manchester United player had a fresh interview published in the Mirror in which the under-fire footballer remarked:
When I first started getting singled out, it stung, yeah. but it’s something you have got to learn to take when the team is not doing well.
I would like the fans on my side and it hurts a little bit when you have grown up at the club and love the club every bit as much as the supporters.
But there are other people in the current United squad who have been through this kind of thing and they have made sure their quality shone through.
I have got to look at those people. I have learned to take it with a pinch of salt and I’m sure it will make me stronger for the rest of my career.
A little more than 24 hours later, Cleverley has given off the opposition impression, shutting down his Twitter account which allowed the professional to engage with his fans.
Cleverley is the second high profile footballer to shut down their social media accounts in two days after Joseph Minala, the 17-year-old Lazio player who looks 40, took similar action on Tuesday.
- Updated: February 12, 2014