- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
Manchester United’s Sam Byrne scored his 1st professional goal as Carlisle beat Coventry [Video]
We were proud to see #mufc loanee Sam Byrne score the winner (his first senior goal) last night in Carlisle's victory over Coventry.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) February 19, 2014
Manchester United’s 18-year-old Irish striker Sam Byrne now has his first professional goal.
Byrne joined the Cumbrians from Manchester United until the end of the season in order to gain first team experience, and on Tuesday night away at Coventry the teenager grabbed the winner for Carlisle.
Byrne came off the bench in the second half, and in the 70th minute he latched on to John Fleck’s poor header and finished emphatically past Joe Murphy to seal a 2-1 win. It was Carlisle’s first away win since October.
Watch Manchester United’s Sam Byrne score his 1st professional goal below.
- Updated: February 19, 2014