- Man United chase Aston Villa’s Christian Benteke for £25m [Star]
- Huge blow for Real Madrid: Luka Modric out injured for 6 weeks [AS]
- Franck Ribery’s little brother Steven (19) scored a brilliant scissors-kick for Bayern Munich II [Videos]
- Champions: PSV win the Eredivisie title for the 22nd time in history v Heerenveen [Videos]
- Keep it classy! A female Chelsea fan got swept up in swearing after the win v Man United [Video]
Manchester United’s Sam Byrne scored his 1st professional goal as Carlisle beat Coventry [Video]
- February 19, 2014
We were proud to see #mufc loanee Sam Byrne score the winner (his first senior goal) last night in Carlisle's victory over Coventry.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) February 19, 2014
Manchester United’s 18-year-old Irish striker Sam Byrne now has his first professional goal.
Byrne joined the Cumbrians from Manchester United until the end of the season in order to gain first team experience, and on Tuesday night away at Coventry the teenager grabbed the winner for Carlisle.
Byrne came off the bench in the second half, and in the 70th minute he latched on to John Fleck’s poor header and finished emphatically past Joe Murphy to seal a 2-1 win. It was Carlisle’s first away win since October.
Watch Manchester United’s Sam Byrne score his 1st professional goal below.