Manchester United’s Robin van Persie: ‘David Moyes is a good football man, I do feel sorry for him’ [Video]
- May 9, 2014
Robin van Persie appears on the Clare Balding Show on BT Sport this weekend, and some of the most interesting parts are now filtering out.
After much tea-sipping and beating around the bush, the subject of David Moyes was finally broached; the elephant in the room, so to speak.
Balding asked van Persie if he felt sorry for man who was unceremoniously sacked 3 weeks ago, to which he replied, ‘Of course’.
Van Persie said: ‘He’s a good man, he did everything he could, he put his heart into it, but sometimes things don’t work out the way you hoped, that’s life.’
Asked about Moyes’ outgoing statement, in which he pointedly avoided thanking the players, RVP said this was much ado about nothing, and that he definitely did thank the players in person, which is more important than the formality of a statement.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]