Manchester United’s Robin van Persie: ‘David Moyes is a good football man, I do feel sorry for him’ [Video]
Robin van Persie appears on the Clare Balding Show on BT Sport this weekend, and some of the most interesting parts are now filtering out.
After much tea-sipping and beating around the bush, the subject of David Moyes was finally broached; the elephant in the room, so to speak.
Balding asked van Persie if he felt sorry for man who was unceremoniously sacked 3 weeks ago, to which he replied, ‘Of course’.
Van Persie said: ‘He’s a good man, he did everything he could, he put his heart into it, but sometimes things don’t work out the way you hoped, that’s life.’
Asked about Moyes’ outgoing statement, in which he pointedly avoided thanking the players, RVP said this was much ado about nothing, and that he definitely did thank the players in person, which is more important than the formality of a statement.
Watch Live Stream
- The FA Cup tweet Man United over intentional oversight in 2016/17 club photoOctober 28, 2016
- Man United target Roma’s Antonio Rudiger but are considering selling 4 defenders [Mail]October 28, 2016
- Luke Shaw has trust issues with Jose Mourinho [Independent]October 28, 2016
- Steven Gerrard’s Liverpool return may trigger Wayne Rooney’s Man United exit [Sun]October 28, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016
- Robin van Persie admits he could still be at Manchester United if Fergie was still there (Video)October 20, 2016
- Two kids send Robin van Persie a super sweet message before the Man United game (Video)October 20, 2016