- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Manchester United’s Robin van Persie: ‘David Moyes is a good football man, I do feel sorry for him’ [Video]
Robin van Persie appears on the Clare Balding Show on BT Sport this weekend, and some of the most interesting parts are now filtering out.
After much tea-sipping and beating around the bush, the subject of David Moyes was finally broached; the elephant in the room, so to speak.
Balding asked van Persie if he felt sorry for man who was unceremoniously sacked 3 weeks ago, to which he replied, ‘Of course’.
Van Persie said: ‘He’s a good man, he did everything he could, he put his heart into it, but sometimes things don’t work out the way you hoped, that’s life.’
Asked about Moyes’ outgoing statement, in which he pointedly avoided thanking the players, RVP said this was much ado about nothing, and that he definitely did thank the players in person, which is more important than the formality of a statement.
- Updated: May 9, 2014