- A sinister Bruce Grobelaar says Simon Mignolet is Liverpool’s problem: ‘He let in 52 goals!’
- Frank Lampard post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘It was a special night, but we’re not there yet’ [Video]
- Brilliant! BVB coach Jurgen Klopp laughs hysterically to the bemusement of journos [Video]
- Gallas? John Terry post Schalke 0 – Chelsea 5: ‘William’ [sic] was different class’ [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho post-Schalke: ‘Winning 5-0 in Germany is not normal’ [Video]
Manchester United’s pursuit of Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba is slapped down [Mundo Deportivo]
Manchester United have reportedly stuck their head out of the parapet in an effort to make a move for Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba, and the Catalans have reacted by quickly slapping them down.
Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo are claiming that movements out of Old Trafford had indicated the the Red Devils would make a bid for Spain’s 25-year-old left-back.
The rumours came at a time when most are expecting that Luke Shaw will join United from Southampton during the course of the summer.
Whether United’s interest in Alba was real or not, Barcelona have made it clear though Mundo Deportivo that Alba is not up for sale. The Catalan press have branded Barcelona’s response as “unambiguous”, whilst the player is labelled ‘non-transferable’.
- Updated: June 11, 2014