Manchester United’s pursuit of Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba is slapped down [Mundo Deportivo]
- June 11, 2014
Manchester United have reportedly stuck their head out of the parapet in an effort to make a move for Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba, and the Catalans have reacted by quickly slapping them down.
Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo are claiming that movements out of Old Trafford had indicated the the Red Devils would make a bid for Spain’s 25-year-old left-back.
The rumours came at a time when most are expecting that Luke Shaw will join United from Southampton during the course of the summer.
Whether United’s interest in Alba was real or not, Barcelona have made it clear though Mundo Deportivo that Alba is not up for sale. The Catalan press have branded Barcelona’s response as “unambiguous”, whilst the player is labelled ‘non-transferable’.
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Sell-out: Barcelona legend Xavi backs Qatar to host a successful World Cup in 2022
- Barcelona will bid €80-90m for Juventus star Paul Pogba this week [Sport + Mundo Deport...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi