Manchester United’s pursuit of Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba is slapped down [Mundo Deportivo]
- June 11, 2014
Manchester United have reportedly stuck their head out of the parapet in an effort to make a move for Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba, and the Catalans have reacted by quickly slapping them down.
Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo are claiming that movements out of Old Trafford had indicated the the Red Devils would make a bid for Spain’s 25-year-old left-back.
The rumours came at a time when most are expecting that Luke Shaw will join United from Southampton during the course of the summer.
Whether United’s interest in Alba was real or not, Barcelona have made it clear though Mundo Deportivo that Alba is not up for sale. The Catalan press have branded Barcelona’s response as “unambiguous”, whilst the player is labelled ‘non-transferable’.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...