Manchester United’s Bebe sends Rio Ave to the Portugese Cup semis on just his 2nd appearance
- January 10, 2013
Manchester United loanee Bebe has started his spell at Portuguese side Rio Ave in fine fettle.
Still relatively young at 22, Bebe is currently experiencing his second loan period since he touched down at Old Trafford over two years, and after ending 2012 in healthy scoring form for United’s reserves the midfielder is now producing the goods for his new employers also.
Bebe received his debut for Rio Ave last weekend in the league, coming off the bench in a 1-0 home defeat to Olhanense, and on Wednesday night he was handed his first start in the Taca da Liga at Maritimo where he snatched the headlines as the match-winner.
With a rasping right-footer in the 74th minute, Bebe claimed the only goal of the cup tie which advanced Rio Ave into the semi-finals where they’ll face FC Porto.
Watch Bebe’s lovely winner for Rio Ave below. (Apologies for the video quality.)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi